What about Weymouth

Maverick Martin

This years WSF meet at Weymouth is from the 5th June to the 11th inclusive

Are any other club members planning on attending?

Dean and I are hoping to be there again but maybe not for the full week. Perhaps a long weekend or so. Last years was an excellent affair but would of course be much better with more familiar faces.

Martin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may take a trip down there for a couple of days, but not sure I can be bothered with WSF as it has gone down hill so much since they decided to turn it into a Nazi training camp for their moderators.

I'd far rather a PBSBAC Weymouth meet. Something along the lines of our Alderney trips?

Sounds good Tom I would rather fish with guys I know than strangers. Perhaps we could talk at a club meeting about sorting out a trip for the club. This would of course suit even small boats as they can trail down so almost all club members could be included

Martin

I may take a trip down there for a couple of days, but not sure I can be bothered with WSF as it has gone down hill so much since they decided to turn it into a Nazi training camp for their moderators.

I'd far rather a PBSBAC Weymouth meet.  Something along the lines of our Alderney trips?

Sounds good Tom I would rather fish with guys I know than strangers. Perhaps we could talk at a club meeting about sorting out a trip for the club. This would of course suit even small boats as they can trail down so almost all club members could be included

Martin

I think it would be great to have a few days down there together as a club.

Great fishing inshore and offshore. Predominantly (well... half) still in club waters so any records may well count.

Great range of species from leviathans with big teeth to incredible mini species.

I'd be well up for a Summer meet down there.

Tom

Do you still have contacts down there to get a concession on berthing costs as per the WSF meet?

If we mad it a PBSBAC meet over a weekend then I would be surprised if a few of the girls would not join us for the social side [if we want them too laugh.gifph34r.gif ]

I am sure wendy would be up for that, if others were coming.

They could drive down , cook the tea, biggrin.gif buy the beer , biggrin.gif sleep onboard, biggrin.gif cook breakfast biggrin.gif then drive home when we go fishing biggrin.gif

But hey what would Will do??? rolleyes.gif and I am far to big a wimp to suggest that to Wendy laugh.giflaugh.gif

Sorry Will could not resist, perhaps we should get you more busy, then you would not get all the big fish like you did last year

user posted image

Charlie

Edited by great white

I got fed up with WSF so dont use it anymore.

Would be interested in a PBSBAC trip - also like the idea the trailer boats can come down too.

Someone needs to take charge, organise a date and organise the berthing if possible?

I'd suggest either Spring for the flatties or later in the year (July/Aug) for almost anything....

I got fed up with WSF so dont use it anymore.

Would be interested in a PBSBAC trip - also like the idea the trailer boats can come down too.

Someone needs to take charge, organise a date and organise the berthing if possible?

I'd suggest either Spring for the flatties or later in the year (July/Aug) for almost anything....

Probably later in the year Adam. The flattie fishing (Turbot) is often better out of Weymouth later in the Summer and the Plaice are still there if you look "off" the bank.

Later on you have a much larger range of species all within reach of the small boats.

From Shark, Conger and Cod to Bass, Bream, Plaice etc.

Not sure about concessions, I don't think WSF really get much of one, but I am sure I could chat with Mary and Claire at the harbour office to see if we can get a deal. Alternatively, maybe we could base out of the new Portland Marina, but that would limit the evening activities.

good idea all round

it's a good overnight or long weekend venue and, as suggested, smaller boats could trail if they want to.

I can't imagine mixing women and fishing though... sad.gif , but then again I've never had the balls to approach it in the way Charlie has outlined...

I can't imagine mixing women and fishing though... sad.gif , but then again I've never had the balls to approach it in the way Charlie has outlined...

I very much doubt that Charlie has either ! - he is probably praying that Wendy does not have internet access laugh.giflaugh.gif

Actually it was suggested to Veronica, Wendy and Lorraine (Tony D's other half) last year and they were up for coming down one night and shopping the next day whilst the boys go play fishing games but times and weather never quite added up

Martin

Would there be a location for trailered boast to be stored overnight should we stay over? Any ideas \ experience of this?

Maybe we could hire a static caravan for a few nights etc, the possibilities are endless!

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Rob

If its Portland accomadation for the trailers may be easy, although the launch fees are a bit steep.

and all of the other Dean and Reddyhof marina's have good pubs close to hand, two of them are owned by the marina's, so I expect something will be available.

If we decided to go there for the weekend I would be happy to see what I can do ref prices.

You are right Paul, Wendy does not look on here wink.gif

But as Martin said Wendy, Lorraine and Veronica were up for coming for a social.

I think once the comp dates are known, I would be happy to try and set this up to avoid clashing with them.

Travel and Fish Sat, arrive tea time

Social Sat night, girls arrive if they want too, [maybe BBQ or other idea]

Girls depart after breakfast [early] long fish on way home.

would June/eary July be good for fishing Tom? Shytalk

Can I have an indication of which boats/members would be interested.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Reuben will be still a little small, so Rach and him wont come - I'll go, but it will be a weekend trip only, maybe running down Fri eve and back Sun at the max.

I'm keen though. Dont mind staying in the new marina in Portland - it'll be like Alderney all over again - it's nearly an island and the locals are similar! tongue.gif

I'll go with whatever. biggrin.gif

are we thinking Portland marina, Weymouth marina or Weymouth Quay

Charlie

I don't mind any location. Might be a bit of a walk from Weymouth Marina to the nearest pub (Deans main concern) Town quay you fall out of the boat into the pub, that's a plus but I know nothing about Portland Harbour and the facilities available there.

Your call

Martin