What about Weymouth

Maverick Martin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, if you go for Portland is fuel available?

Dave

According to the marina website diesel and petrol available

Martin

which will be more practical than Weymouth for the outboard boats as they will need to walk / car to get petrol from the filling station if we are there.

I do like to use Andy for diesel if in Weymouth, but the Portland does seem convenient due to it's extra few miles out to sea...

I am not fussy, but I quite fancy giving Portland a go? If nothing more than to try it.

Edited by TomBettle

Wendy threw a bit of a curve in last night

with a "what are the girls going to do on Portland while you lot go fishing on Sat".

Sounded like she would rather look around the shops of Weymouth.

That depends what the other WAGs fancy doing, and if others would rather not go to sea on Sat, would they have any access to a car/cars.

I think Wendy wants to come around and back on the boat, but would let us fish the Sat without her.

Time to ask the boss what she wants to do guys tongue.gif

Nobody said this would be simple did they laugh.giflaugh.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hmmmm

If I make it, Abbie will be at home looking after Natasha so I don't have the issue of female company and keeping them interested (I'll be stuck with Chris on the berth next to me and he snores and farts.... then again, so does Abbie. I didn't say that).

The fiver saving to berth in Weymouth is interesting, but I'll burn that in extra juice for the additional distance to cover each morning....

But then again, Weymouth will offer far more variety of things to do on the evenings....

Oh bugger, it's too hard to decide, I may simply nip home as I only live 25 minutes up the road now.

Tom

I`l be trailing my boat down each day now as have decided to kick bluewater horizons into touch. Six months they have had my boat & they havn`t done half the jobs I asked them to, (the work should of been completed in less than a couple of weeks) They have lost important connectors etc & left me with the headache of finding someone who understands how to connect my VHF to my GPS & wire in my navtex, To add insult to injury I have paid 6mths park & launch and because of their own fault I only had the boat on there for 5 weeks.

What a shower of S*$%t

Never mind! Rant over, I`l still be there to have some fun.

Mike.

Last year Tony and I were going to do Weymouth. The plan then was for the lads to steam up on Saturday and fish en route with the girls coming down in a car to meet up in the eve for a meal.

I will see if this arrangement can still work.....look out incoming blink.gif

Martin

Wendy would like that, we spoke about it but did not all get there.

She is happy to come down by boat and even to fish enroute.

Then also very happy to jump ship during the day on Sat. So that we could have a more serious dangle.

If Veronica and Lorraine etc wanted to take her for shopping and lunch in town, I am sure there would be no complaints.

Just need to get the boat back at a reasonable time, or how will they cook the tea rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No Paul you can not tell her I said That ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Paul D, "my old fuel donkey from Alderney" tongue.gif will be coming down with me with Helen and Annie following down in the car...I know those two will not want to sit in Portland...but they will have the car... So I'm pretty relaxed about either venue .But we will reqiuire accommodation........Tomo

But we will reqiuire accommodation........Tomo

Why don't you like close sleeping quarters with an ass ........OOoops........... tongue.gif Sorry meant to say fuel DONKEY laugh.gif

Have you had the pleasure of hearing him snore!!! cause I have and I was at the other end of the digs in Alderney biggrin.gifweep.gif

Tomo

But we will reqiuire accommodation........Tomo

Why don't you like close sleeping quarters with an ass ........OOoops........... tongue.gif Sorry meant to say fuel DONKEY laugh.gif

Have you had the pleasure of hearing him snore!!! cause I have and I was at the other end of the digs in Alderney biggrin.gifweep.gif

Tomo

Ah - but I have had the pleasure of hearing drunken "map readings" ! and I was on the floor below !! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Great to get so much interest in this trip at last nights Meeting.

I hope those that were able to get a copy of the Weymouth Harbour Guide find them useful.

I even spoke with a few of the Kyakers that were showing an interest, from what they say launching at Portland is very good for them.

While nobody made a decision on which venue.

Due to the regatta in Weymouth I think that I will go ahead and book Portland Marina, Friday 9th July and Sat 10th biggrin.gif

Obviously the trip will be weather permitting.

But can I ask those showing an interest to indicate when they would go.

ie

Alfresco Fri and Sat nights in Marina travel by boat, down Friday, back Sunday.

while asking questions would anyone be interested in booking a meal in the Marina's own restauant "The Boat That Rocks" on the Sat night?

http://www.theboatthatrocks.co.uk/

and can any of the local guys give us feedback on the place?

Sorry if it seems over organised lads biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

i was not at the meeting but just wondered if anything has been sorted for the trailed boats? ie campsites/accomodation?

I think booking accommodation is down to yourself although Adam has a contact at a hotel in Portland and will be asking about deals etc so watch this space

re Launch and retrieve I think Charlie said the normal rate at Portland was

Just hope they don't run out of beer like in Alderney

Blimey, drank the island dry did you!

You'll have to fill the livebait tank with some brew next time Alan, just in case!

Rob

We had already done that !!!!!

But it was not just me Paul D and Tubby........Charlie was helping with his crew, plus all the other motley crews!!! biggrin.gifwink.gif

Tomo