Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

Monday would suit us much better as we'll be down anyway. It will be a bit of a pain for us Tuesday as we'll have to drive back to London Monday afternoon, work Tuesday and then hammer it down the M3 again Tuesday afternoon...

That's a vote for Monday by the way.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday sounds good

starting to get the buzz now, trying to fill in some new places to try this year.

But first prioirty is Dan being able to sort college out to miss Thursday.

Boat is currently ashore, but could be ready in a day, so will be afloat.

BRING IT ON

Charlie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If you look at the Buoy data here: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/obs.shtml

The water temerature to the west of northern france heading to the Dover Straights is 53, 51.6, 48, 47, 46.4. The one between Alderney and home is 48 so hopefully some of that slightly warmer water from the Atlantic will push on through!!

Rob

Edited by Rob

Thought some of you may find this useful.

It's certainly something to chew the cud on whilst waiting for the trip over.

To the seasoned Turbot anglers it is not likely to be of any use, but to those who are still learning the ropes I hope you can get a snippet of information that stands you in good stead.

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/photoalbum/albums/...ight%5B1%5D.pdf

Anyone who looks closely.

Spot the "deliberate" mistake to do with one of the pictures.

Edited by TomBettle

...that and calling Adam a "Top Angler"  biggrin.gif

Well you wrote it! tongue.gif

All true of course.... did I ever tell you about my 20lb+ turbot that I let Dan wind in??

I have taken the dents out of the cabin bulkhead, where you banged your head when you thought we wern't looking. laugh.gif

seriously I still think you took it rather well. and Dan still gets told to step away from the rod quite a lot wink.gifwink.gif

Lets hope we get some good ones this year

Charlie

Unfortunately cannot make Monday as will be away "up north" in Warrington.

Will have to leave Tony to gather all the useful info smile.gif

I too will be unable to make Monday's session - fingers crossed I can get the boat sorted for the actual trip (and the other small matters needing attention!).

Come to think of it I haven't got round to crew either... I really should be more organised but it's difficult to deal with such matters when you're not sure you have a boat in the first place! unsure.gif

The good news is that I'm no less orgainsed that usual; and at least my engine's not still in Austria (well it might be I suppose - but I don't think so)

After a call today saying that not many moorings were in at Braye, I called mainbrayce.

The good news is that they are all going in this week, and although mainbrayce has changed hands they will still offer the discounts agreed with Rupert on fuel and water taxi.

The bad news is fuel has just gone up again, now 85p ltr minus a discount [7p ltr ]

getting close now

Charlie biggrin.gif