Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

As I was on the blower today, checking details for Portland/Weynouth weekend I thought I would give Rupert a call on the Island

He is going to check that there is not another big event booked for May 6th to 9th, then come back to me to discuss discounts for fuel and taxi etc

Without taking WAG's its easier rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Put an idea up and before you know it there is a list, Simples laugh.gif

Provisionaly to date

1.) Joint Venture

2.) Alfresco

3.) AWOL

4.) Sweet Chariot

5.) Quest II

6.) Wight Magic

7.) Phaeton

8. Adobe 2

9. Chettah Cat

Can not wait, Charlie biggrin.gif

For those unable to attend last nights meeting

I have been in touch with Rupert at Mainbryce on Alderney.

He has confirmed that they have no large events booked for the 6th May biggrin.gif

Unfortunatly Diesel Pump prices have gone up since last summer, currently 82p ltr, but he is offering us a 7p per ltr discount.

Water Taxi will also offer a discount

up to 21.30

• 1 month later...

Just to bump this one

I am really suffering from cabin fever now sad.gif and can't wait....can we go sooner tongue.gif Ok maybe not weep.gif

Any more club boats interested? anyone need more info?

Charlie, Dean has asked a very important question. "What are beer prices like this year, and are there any discounts available for quantity" wacko.gif

Martin

Charlie, Dean has asked a very important question.  "What are beer prices like this year, and are there any discounts available for quantity" wacko.gif

Martin

Don't worry Martin....My motley crew arent going this year ...so plenty for all.. wink.gif

Tomo

As I was on the blower today, checking details for Portland/Weynouth weekend I thought I would give Rupert a call on the Island

He is going to check that there is not another big event booked for May 6th to 9th, then come back to me to discuss discounts for fuel and taxi etc

Without taking WAG's its easier rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Provisionaly to date

1.) Joint Venture

2.) Alfresco

3.) AWOL

4.) Sweet Chariot

5.) Quest II

6.) Wight Magic

7.) Phaeton

8. Adobe 2

9. Chettah Cat

charlie

i would love to bring the mrs Sea down to the west and across, might even be able to offer some fishing space if anyone is mad enough to want to come?

greg

Without taking WAG's its easier rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

Provisionaly to date

1.) Joint Venture

2.) Alfresco

3.) AWOL

4.) Sweet Chariot

5.) Quest II

6.) Wight Magic

7.) Phaeton

8. Adobe 2

9. Chettah Cat

charlie

i would love to bring the mrs Sea down to the west and across, might even be able to offer some fishing space if anyone is mad enough to want to come?

greg

Hi Greg

Welcome to PBSBAC.

Nice to see you on the forum.

I am sure the club members will make you most welcome during your forays West of your home port.

Tom

Hi All

Welcome Greg

It will be great to have you along.

Hard luck Colin its a long way off so weather may yet change the dates.

We too may have to tweak plans by a day. Due to Dans college Thursday may be hard for us so we may have to go on Friday.

If we do Sam may also be able to come, but Navy plans change even more than they used to.

Charlie

Charlie dont feel too sorry for me the pound signs were the reason for taking on the gig, just to good not to take it on. If the weather turns and the date changes we might still make it, that is providing we have a boat of course.

wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Oooo! I cant wait!!

As always hinges on the weather. JV has been out, all serviced and clean, a few new toys added and she's ready to go.

We are having a test run out on Thurs, and then the JV Alderney crew are on annual hols abroad until May, when we get back - off we go!

Alderney Angling has just started to report a few small flatties on the banks.

Do we want / need to meet up for a pint and a chat at the bakers arms again like last year, or have we all got to know the ropes well enough now to just go?

Also - shall we start looking at buddy boats and leaving times etc?

"JV has been out, all serviced and clean, a few new toys added and she's ready to go"

that made me smile........

Phaeton's been in all winter and I got down for the first time last week - just enough to find a stanchion torn out and bail out the odd few (loads) of fresh water.... add this to being told I'm hosting a surprise 80th b'day party for my mum on the 9th May and I guess I'm as ready as usual...........

biggrin.gif

If the weather delivers I'm sure I can sort out the boat (and other) issues somehow weep.gif

Lets agree to meet for a beer on either the 3rd (Bank Holiday Monday) or the 4th - Tues at the Bakers Arms at the top of the Upton Bypass then?

As lasty year we can run through weather, passage plans, buddy boats and other questions etc?