Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going to believe Terry enough to head down tonight and work over the next couple of days to install the new windlass gearbox and try to sort that stanchion base

then there's a new aux battery and swapping out some chartplotter wiring

then, if all that goes OK I'll do a basic engine service and then turn the key as usual if the weather plays ball unsure.gif sort out the cosmetics when we get back!

To help people make their minds up about a meal, if we book for Saturday night (a last Hurrah!) and we don't go on Thursday, that gives the statutory 24 hours notice for cancellation without charge. Any reassurance? I've only thought about booking because of potentially large'ish numbers.

Terry.

Edited by plaicemat

O/k, worth doing now. I'll let it run until Thursday and then book on the proviso that we can cancel within 48 hours without penalty. Add yourself to the list and update or let me know.

Mrs. Sea x 2 (Greg doesn't know yet)

Awol x 3

Abode 2 x 2

Sweet Chariot x 4

Wight Magic x 1 + ?

Alfresco ?

Quest 2 ?

Total confirmed so far, 12.

Should make a good final night party. Tom, there were cheaper options on the menu other than the lobster.

Terry.

Update having spoken to the hotel. They have a function on Saturday night (8th) so I have provisionally reserved for Friday night at 19.30 and they can take up to 35-40 people and we would have a room to ourselves. Due to dietary needs and fussiness, I have suggested

Edited by plaicemat

O/k, worth doing now. I'll let it run until Thursday and then book on the proviso that we can cancel within 48 hours without penalty. Add yourself to the list and update or let me know.

Awol x 3

Abode 2 x 2

Sweet Chariot x 4

Joint Venture x 3

Wight Magic x 1 + ?

Alfresco ?

Quest 2 ?

Total confirmed so far, 15.

Should make a good party.

Terry.

Update having spoken to the hotel. They have a function on Saturday night (8th) so I have provisionally reserved for Friday night at 19.30 and they can take up to 35-40 people and we would have a room to ourselves. Due to dietary needs and fussiness, I have suggested

Edited by plaicemat

I have spoken to Dan Will and Gordon

All of us are up for it too, sounds a great idea. But after two days fishing we would rather the normal menu than a la carte.

I will leave you to guess what a 6ft 4 teenagers comments were about a 4 oz steak and a drizzle of balsamic dressing laugh.gifwink.gif

Dan is more of a half a cow and chips sort of guy tongue.gif

We will go with the majority though, What time are you booking it for Terry?

Charlie biggrin.gif

everything now crossed for the weather cool.gif

O/k, worth doing now. I'll let it run until Thursday and then book on the proviso that we can cancel within 48 hours without penalty. Add yourself to the list and update or let me know. To confirm, it's booked for Friday 7th May at 19.30.

Awol x 3

Abode 2 x 2

Sweet Chariot x 4

Joint Venture x 3

Wight Magic x 4

Alfresco 4

Quest 2 ?

Total confirmed so far, 22.

Terry.

Charlie, I meant a la carte as opposed to table d'hote. That is ordering anything from the menu rather than a fixed meal. The boys can have what they want. And on last years showing, they won't be disappointed.

Terry.

O/k, worth doing now. I'll let it run until Thursday and then book on the proviso that we can cancel within 48 hours without penalty. Add yourself to the list and update or let me know. To confirm, it's booked for Friday 7th May at 19.30.

Awol x 3

Abode 2 x 2

Sweet Chariot x 4

Joint Venture x 3

Wight Magic x 4

Alfresco 4

Serenity x 2

Quest 2 ?

Total confirmed so far, 24.

Terry.

Alderney dinner. Add yourself to the list and update or let me know. To confirm, it's booked for Friday 7th May at 19.30.

Mrs. Sea x 2

Awol x 3

Abode 2 x 2

Sweet Chariot x 4

Joint Venture x 3

Wight Magic x 4

Alfresco 4

Serenity x 2

Phaeton x 1 + ?

Quest 2 ?

Total confirmed so far, 25.

Terry.

Edited by plaicemat

Temp Update two weeks ago:

53, 51.6, 48, 47, 46.4

Today:

56.5 , 55.2, 50.2, 49.5, 48

so looks like the warmer water is slowly getting to us.

The middle number is nearest Alderney - 50.2 is 10.1 in new money. An the 55.2 is 12.9!!!

Wahooooooo!