Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a call today saying that not many moorings were in at Braye, I called mainbrayce.

The good news is that they are all going in this week, and although mainbrayce has changed hands they will still offer the discounts agreed with Rupert on fuel and water taxi.

The bad news is fuel has just gone up again, now 85p ltr minus a discount [7p ltr ]

getting close now

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hmm diesel prices in Guernsey are or where on the 9th April at 56p per litre in St Peter Port and only 50p per litre in Beacette see link

http://www.digimap.gg/boatworks_fuelling_times

Maybe next year we should broaden our horizons and have a new base? its certainly more comfortable for sleeping on the boats and with cheaper fuel might work out overall similar cost.

Martin

From the dining experience of those who went in June last year, do we want to book at the Harbour Lights Hotel for one evening? For those who weren't there, we had mussel starters (some king prawns), a fabulous lobster main with a Jamaican spicey sauce filled with shellfish and 2 bottles of wine for

Hi to all,

If there is room can Yelo tag along with 2 on board. Hope to make meeting on 1st May.

Cheers,

Kev.

Excellent news Kev, we were hoping you'd be in for it - how are you going to top the little paddle you had last year?

After a call today saying that not many moorings were in at Braye, I called mainbrayce.

The good news is that they are all going in this week, and although mainbrayce has changed hands they will still offer the discounts agreed with Rupert on fuel and water taxi.

The bad news is fuel has just gone up again, now 85p ltr minus a discount [7p ltr ]

getting close now

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hmm diesel prices in Guernsey are or where on the 9th April at 56p per litre in St Peter Port and only 50p per litre in Beacette see link

http://www.digimap.gg/boatworks_fuelling_times

Maybe next year we should broaden our horizons and have a new base? its certainly more comfortable for sleeping on the boats and with cheaper fuel might work out overall similar cost.

Martin

Thanks Martin, I found that last August

the price with discount at Alderney was 10p ltr dearer than boatworks at St PP without discount, and if we had booked I am sure we may get discount at Boatworks.

However the marina we stayed in then had a sill, so it would have been a pain to come and go from.

Might be another good venue, I am sure between us we can get some marks wink.gif

Hi Kev welcome back mate biggrin.gif

Are we sorting buddy boats on the Monday , or on here??

When the crew get together at the weekend I will ask about a dinner at the harbour lights.

anyone heard anything about the fishing??

Charlie biggrin.gif

Boat sport taking shape in the way of Turbot on the banks. Mackerel have arrived as well and there is plenty of Launce. I managed to get afloat on my boat the weekend, Gary Maurice accompanied me and we enjoyed fine weather and good fishing. In a day curtailed by engine problems we managed a dozen fish topped out by an 11lb 4oz fish to yours truly. If we could have got the second slack in I am sure we'd have enjoyed more fish. Hopefully repairs carried out and we'll be back out there again this Sunday. Dick was also out on Sunday but in his kayak. Of all fish he managed to catch a Plaice, targeted and captured, what an angler!

This has just been added to the Alderney Angling catch report page. Looks extremely promising! I for one was getting fairly worried about getting bait, let alone any proper fish! Two weeks to go, bring it on...

Oli

Spoke to Mark at AA yesterday and he says the Tope should now be on the usual marks and the Turbot fishing is picking up with some alternative marks also proving worthwhile to visit.

Launce should be easily available on any of the banks and the mackerel are just starting to show, but should also be catchable on the wrecks on the way over.

Guys

I know we have discussed this loads, but I can't find it in any searches.

Where can we get crushed ice over here in Poole?

I know where to get it in Weymouth, but that's not a lot of use here!

I've just phoned Greenslades who was less than remotely interested saying they only make enough for themselves.

I did google Igloo Ice in Southbourne who look pretty good. I've emailed them and have asked for pricing and suggested they may wish to get in touch with the club properly as collectively we use a fair bit.

I'm awaiting a response.

Who do you all use?

Thanks

Tom

Edited by TomBettle

......as a seasoned weather- watcher......treat this site with amusement \ diversion !!

Their forecasts vary widely, often within a few hours !!......... eg yesterday for Alderney on May 6 they were giving 3 mph Easterly, today it's 15 mph Westerly .......joy to anxiety !!

Anything beyond 3 days [typically] or 5 when we have a big fat High is guess work!

Have a laugh at how it {the forecast} changes but don't give any value to it until next weekend!! ...... and XC weather or Windfinder are usually closer to how it turns out..

.........is my opinion !!

Alun.

......as a seasoned weather- watcher......treat this site with amusement \ diversion !!

Their forecasts vary widely, often within a few hours !!......... eg yesterday for Alderney on May 6 they were giving 3 mph Easterly, today it's 15 mph Westerly .......joy to anxiety !!

Anything beyond 3 days [typically] or 5 when we have a big fat High is guess work!

Have a laugh at how it {the forecast} changes but don't give any value to it until next weekend!! ...... and XC weather or Windfinder are usually closer to how it turns out..

.........is my opinion !!

Alun.

and I value your opinion but it won't stop me watching the weather tongue.gif

What other sites give a free 15 day outlook?

Martin

.............." but it won't stop me watching the weather tongue.gif ".....

.....nor me ......... but don't look at it for that weekend now !! .....it looks horrid!!

I'm sure it will change lots over the next few days........ and I won't postpone B & B yet !!

Alun.

.............." but it won't stop me watching the weather tongue.gif ".....

.....nor me ......... but don't look at it for that weekend now !! .....it looks horrid!!

I'm sure it will change lots over the next few days........ and I won't postpone B & B yet !!

Alun.

Always go by the rile of "nicest".

Whichever forecast is nicest is the one to believe wink.gif

Terry I discussed it Briefly with Gordon last night and it sounds like a good idea to us.

I think all of us are shying away from too many definate plans until the weather can be checked more accuratly.

The same seemed to happen when I asked about buddy boats this far ahead

Charlie