Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not liking the way the forecast is shaping up... it's changing, but seems to be bordering on the windier side of OK..

Sun is looking ok - so might look at leaving Sun and coming back Weds...

i am going nuts with tension, just looked at forecast only for the umpteenth time in the last 24 hrs and its loking good for fri and sat! if the blood pressure lasts i might yet make it

greg

I know you are not the only one fretting Greg

every time I look the indications change

just now its looks more promising, that will probably change after lunch, and again before the pub meeting at 1900.

I think I will get everything sorted anyway and if need be cancell late.

Not as easy for you as you also need to come this way first, if you need that overnight berth get in touch, its easy for me to sort out at work.

07887 794716

Charlie biggrin.gif

With the current forecast I'm looking at leaving next Sunday and returning Weds provided the low winds hold, it's still a way off - as Charlie says it's gunna be a last minute thing I guess.

Thurs not looking too bad, but I dont like the look of Fri and Sat... F5's out in the channel aint my idea of fun!

Heading across on a N4 or 5 will be fine so long as you don't want to fish mid channel, but coming home in the same will be horrible. I've done it before and don't want to again.

I am not going to make a proper call until Tuesday night but suspect the worst.

I'm flexible for a new date, but I'm not sure about my crew.

We're definitely of the thought that as this is meant to be a bit of a holiday, we do want the conditions to be on the decent side of reasonable. The thought of hammering it across the channel just because we can, and then having four days of lumpy misery or short days out fishing doesn't really appeal. While we're desperate to go, if it's going to be a battle every day we'd prefer to wait, even if it means having to go in smaller groups due to other commitments.

I wont be at the pub tonight. Ive decided to reserve the brownie points. As the idea was the plan the trip over, which looks iffy, I'll stick to here and the phone.

Like others I'm prepared to go at the last minute if this forecast does change, but plan B for me at the moment is leaving Sun, back Weds (or earlier if the forecast changes) my only proviso is getting a buddy boat - so who else is flexible?

We're definitely of the thought that as this is meant to be a bit of a holiday, we do want the conditions to be on the decent side of reasonable. The thought of hammering it across the channel just because we can, and then having four days of lumpy misery or short days out fishing doesn't really appeal. While we're desperate to go, if it's going to be a battle every day we'd prefer to wait, even if it means having to go in smaller groups due to other commitments.

exactly my thoughts - but appreciate that for others opportunity and priority don't always match.

AdamF wrote - "Like others I'm prepared to go at the last minute if this forecast does change, but plan B for me at the moment is leaving Sun, back Weds (or earlier if the forecast changes) my only proviso is getting a buddy boat - so who else is flexible?"

Whilst I am, within the framework eloquently put above, I don't think it's appropriate for me to put myself forward as a buddy boat Adam. Running solo and still with things to resolve I wouldn't want your (or anyone else's) trip to have me as a dependency. Looking at the forecast resolution of battery and windscreen wiper look quite high now! Sun does look OK for traveling with the banks pleasantly fishable early in the week. Long time away though...

Whatever the outcome lads.......whenever you go !!

Stay safe and have a good time

Already looking forward to the reports and Photos.....maybe a video or two !!

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky

My issue with any of the forecasts is that whilst one day seems nice and another later on seems ok, in between they are pretty rubbish and sleeping onboard in a NE 4 / 5 will be hell.

I am becoming of the mind that I will simply want to wait for a nice spell of properly settled weather and whilst I know Chris and Pete (my crew) are eager to go, we may want to consider putting things on hold for a fortnight as steady north and easterly winds really won't make for a nice time.

It's supposed to be fun as far as I am concerned.

any NE nights can be spent in St PP on the outer pontoons in total comfort

if you start and finish a day's fishing on the S tip of the Schole it's not that much further than running into Braye

you need to keep the dingy with you for this sort of approach though - as well as sleeping on board of course!

As changable as it is, looking at Windguru for the CI's this morning I'd favour running over Sat morning, returning Tues. Sun is looking the windiest day, but later on so would still allow fishing during the day.

Both Windguru and Windfinder agree on this at the moment with the wind going SE on Mon eve Tues giving us a push home...

I'm 80% confident of going between Thurs and Weds, it's just when to leave, for how long and when to return... (to state the bleeding obvious!!)

Edited by Adam F

any NE nights can be spent in St PP on the outer pontoons in total comfort

if you start and finish a day's fishing on the S tip of the Schole it's not that much further than running into Braye

you need to keep the dingy with you for this sort of approach though - as well as sleeping on board of course!

St PP isn't really an option for my own plans as I currently expect to fish the Schole Bank.

Nothing against the Schole as I love fishing it, but that was Plan C with A and B both being far more local venues to Alderney.