Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

Yep! All change again!!.... laugh.gif What fun...

It does look as though the dominant NNE looks to end on Sun /Mon and gentle SE take over.

I think we will be watching this all week, and basicaly leave when we can. If this stands then it will be a leave Sun return Weds.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quest II and crew have made the final decision to postpone until Thursday 20th May at the earliest.

If we have settled weather, then and only then will we be heading across to the small country of Alderney.

I won't even look at the forecast again for at least another week or so.

Tom

Quest II and crew have made the final decision to postpone until Thursday 20th May at the earliest.

If we have settled weather, then and only then will we be heading across to the small country of Alderney.

I won't even look at the forecast again for at least another week or so.

Tom

Are you sure Tom? Wind has just dropped completely and it looks like it will be 30 degree sunshine all weekend. (you're not allowed to check)

For anyone who is planning to join us on the 20th, slack water on the Thursday morning is an hour earlier than the 6th.

Ebbtide until 09:30 mid channel on 20th.

Anyone wishing to use the tide to their advantage (me) will be leaving even earlier than discussed last night in the pub. A proper early start (05:30) giving an opportunity to really break the back of the journey before cutting across the flood tide.

This earlier start will mean that breakfast trips to the likes of Speedy maybe out, but a "Sundowner" on Speedy will definitely be on the cards.

As they say, every cloud has a silver lining .,....

Checking the weather closer at home to get some fishing in for Bream on the ledge !

Well - got the time booked off work and I can't move to another date around the 20th May ( other things which definitely cannot be moved planned then ), so do I :-

1) Go to work on the Thurs / Fri

or

2) Go fishing .....

Decisions, decisions

As they say, every cloud has a silver lining .,....

Checking the weather closer at home to get some fishing in for Bream on the ledge !

Well - got the time booked off work and I can't move to another date around the 20th May ( other things which definitely cannot be moved planned then ), so do I :-

1) Go to work on the Thurs / Fri

or

2) Go fishing .....

Decisions, decisions

Paul

To Fish or not to Fish, that is The Question!!

To Work or not to Work is the Answer!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Tomo

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH blink.gif

Keep your knickers on!

I take it that after that little outburst you aren't coming down for a natter?

Nope I'm popping down tomorrow instead. Some positive attitude is needed, so JV is going to get a scrub underneath, and a clean down ready to cross the channel this weekend!

So, is everyone making their own decisions about when and until or will there be a group decision at least about Thursday. I am only asking as Greg has to come from Eastbourne to Poole tomorrow.

Terry.

I have never seen such a wide range of wind forecasts from different sources - pulling down data from US grib shows Mon - Wed as really light winds all round with Sun wet with NE 3-4......

Metcheck for Alderney over the same period has me making a call to stay at home and not even bother to get things ready!

Wetterkarte's charts seem to be more consistent with the Grib forecast than Metcheck's interpretation.

unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

unsure.gif

I've consulted with my crew, spoken to Kev on Yelo and with Charlie too. As it stands Sweet Chariot/Yelo are not going to go Thursday, though we'll keep everything crossed and make the final call tomorrow lunch time.

I know the trip is doable, but we don't want to leave Poole with the likelihood of a F4 every day and that at least one fishing day will be lost and then punching a F5 all the way home on Sunday. That said the crossing/Thursday look good and I really hope that Fri-Sun follow suit.

Totally gutted!

Oli

It's like wrestling a bar of soap!

The forecast still isnt convincing me. Even my later plan to leave Sat or Sun doesnt seem that feasible.

Following Charlie and Dave and going for it seems doable - but only just and I'm not sure I want to get bashed around and take a risk with it.

In my heart I think Tom B's probably made the right call... but ever the optimist, I'll go with Oli and make a final call tomorow - lunch time I expect.

fwiw I currently favour the schedule Greg outlines from my interpretation of the likely conditions.

I don't think that earlier conditions are likely to be dangerous, but closer to uncomfortable than enjoyable (Alfresco excepted) - but again this is a risk more than a certainty.

otoh the seaweed etc suggests that Mon-Wed could firm up as excellent all round - if not quite the 30 degrees suggested earlier! The range of tides favoring flatties Mon and bass Wed as well.

Anyway - back to a bottle of brandy to take my mind of it all.

8 People reading this thread - is there something going on?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

well the alternative seems to be -

1. a general election

2. snooker (whoops that's over)

3. the Fifth Element (again) on TV

I see this thread is busy again this morning!

It's just too windy to think about Thurs - Sun in my opinion. Windguru is still showing 20knts plus for periods over these days.

I'll speak with my crew in a bit, but JV may look at Sun-Weds or even Mon-Thurs if we can get a buddy boat.