Beat ing the new year blues!

Adam F

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggest we make rough plans to aim for the 6/7th May. I'll be aiming to do a 4 day trip again to make the most of it.

As for the cod mid channel etc, I'm happy to target them seperatly later in the year - for me May is Alderney!!

The tides every day are good for refueling late afternoon and also early on the Monday morning for the return leg.

So in true forum fasion - lets have a list! biggrin.gif

1.) Joint Venture

2.) Alfresco

3.) AWOL

4.) Sweet Chariot

5.) Quest II

6.) Wight Magic

7.) Phaeton

Edited by Maverick

Sounds good for me

Looking at the dates Adam that is leaving Poole on the Thursday 6th [ebb from 0700] back Sunday 9th May, subject to lucky with weather of course.

I agree its a few weeks early for the cod grounds.

If that is the generally agreed dates, I will start to talk to our contacts, on the Island.

Bring it on

Charlie biggrin.gif

Dates are good for us too (most likely 4 of us).

Booked and sent deposit for Mark's B&B at Alderney Angling. Did I mention we were KEEN!?

Edit: He has space for two left so book early to avoid disappointment...

Oli

Edited by olimain

Dean and I will be sleeping on the boat, not sure about our new crew member yet, I haven't found out if he snores or farts louder than me laugh.gif

On the subject of sleeping on the boat if winds are from the N/E or similar we may well end up in St Peter Port Guernsey. Last year sleeping on the boat was shall we say interesting with all that water coming over the wall. After 3 nights of not much sleep it does get a little tedious.

Martin

On the subject of sleeping on the boat if winds are from the N/E or similar we may well end up in St Peter Port Guernsey. Last year sleeping on the boat was shall we say interesting with all that water coming over the wall. After 3 nights of not much sleep it does get a little tedious.

Martin

indeed...although I can't see any one onboard sleeping now the harbour fishing has been experienced

I'm also going to carry the tender despite the apparent 'hassle' - the reality is it takes away a huge amount of hassle when over there in either Braye or St PP!

I'm also going to carry the tender despite the apparent 'hassle' - the reality is it takes away a huge amount of hassle when over there in either Braye or St PP!

I shall take the new one Veronica is buying me for Christmas (Bless her) Also good to leave on a buoy to secure your berth in Braye.

His wife says he does.

Hmmm he might be studying the star patterns then laugh.gif

Martin

Martin.....how bad is that ???? relegating the crew to the deck just because of his efforts in male social bonding !! laugh.gif

what sort of a skipper are you ??? rolleyes.gif

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Look ere Dave its my boat and if I want to fart I will but others have to ask or face the consequences.....and stars tongue.giflaugh.gif

Martin

On the subject of sleeping on the boat if winds are from the N/E or similar we may well end up in St Peter Port Guernsey.  Last year sleeping on the boat was shall we say interesting with all that water coming over the wall.  After 3 nights of not much sleep it does get a little tedious.

Martin

indeed...although I can't see any one onboard sleeping now the harbour fishing has been experienced

Nah - the fishing is crap.... dry.gifwink.gif

I'll be staying in Alderney for the duration - two reasons, 1) the fishing and 2) My crew will have digs on the island so move to Guernsey isnt really an option - plus it's further still.

Personally I slept like a log regardless of the spray - the key was a belly full of beer and a pair of ear plus!

Provisionally book Quest II and two persons (me and Chris - maybe a third) for the May dates.

I have a very unusual campsite organised for myself plus one other, but I need permission from the other users of the site (PM sent to those it may effect) otherwise I'll be looking for a B&B.

Tom

you will struggle to get the tent pegs in on the harbour wall m8...... laugh.gif

Provisionally book Quest II and two persons (me and Chris - maybe a third) for the May dates.

I have a very unusual campsite organised for myself plus one other, but I need permission from the other users of the site (PM sent to those it may effect) otherwise I'll be looking for a B&B.

Tom

you will struggle to get the tent pegs in on the harbour wall m8...... laugh.gif

Where we are camping we may well struggle with tent pegs.... guy ropes around flower pots is more likely.

Tom

Where we are camping we may well struggle with tent pegs.... guy ropes around flower pots is more likely.

Marks Patio?

Tom

Marks Patio?

Not Mark's patio no....... ph34r.gif