Cod and Whiting Comp 12-13th November

jerry.shutter

Next weekend is hopefully the Whiting and Cod Competition, there is a glimmer of hope that the weather might play ball.

With good numbers of Codling being caught off beaches locally, maybe this year will be the return of Cod for us.

Sign in as usual and watch for weather reports nearer the time.

With the weather being so unpredictable I will not speak with Mal until Friday as to whether the Comp will run. As 99% of the bait will be frozen this should hopefully not pose a problem to anyone.

I hope everyone understands and fingers crossed.

Ok 

The Cod and Whiting Comp is on. Fish either Saturday or Sunday, posting beforehand which day etc.

Both days on ALL of my weather apps are saying SE 8-17mph.

If you decide to fish please be aware the forecasts of late have not accurate, there will be a good residual swell so please take this into account where you might plan to fish and keep in contact with other boats you know are out.

Stay safe and tight lines, let’s hope a Cod or two grace someone’s deck!!!!

Had a trip down to check the boat after all the wind and rain 

going round holes bay the sea was as flat as a witch’s tit 

so a quick visit to Andy’s for a worm or two , Check over the boat all good 

off I go ok though holes bay , around the end of key and holy s##t there was white horses everywhere 

not good a straight easterly, down to the end off harbour for a bit of comfort 

plenty of fish from the off plaice bass gurnards and a channel whiting 

if your out tomorrow in that sort off wind I should take your sea legs especially if it stay in that direction

Tight lines good luck 👍

good luck if you manage to get out 👍👍

i didnt withdraw but I might as well have done.

Popped out of the harbour, it was much choppier than it should have been. We saw some charters towards the end of the Swash so joined them. If doggies where the target then we passed with flying colours.

It was quite uncomfortable on a small boat so we headed back into the harbour after a few hours. We tied up to an unused buoy and drowned a few more worms. Complete blank ......

Headed home after being out about 5 or 6 hours of being thrown about like we were inside a washing machine.

Nothing to record fish wise im afraid but i was with a very old mate of mine and his wife and we had a great day reminiscing our younger days and the silly things we used to do. 

Well done Graham for sticking it out. You are a braver man than me.

I was considering entering, but after being advised by a fellow member of the predicted wind force 4 to 5 south easterlies I knew it would be too uncomfortable for my old Back !!!.

So very well done 👍

The sea state was fairly fishable. We couldn't miss the chance to lure fish for bass to start with on what was pretty good conditions for them, then going for whiting when the tide was more favorable.

Well the bass fishing came good we both caught over a bag limit of well sizable fish all in great condition, very welcome after so few trips in recent months!

Well with cod so few and far between and the tide starting to slacken we went for whiting. Motoring around looking for fish on the sounder revealed very little, no obvious bait fish shoals (sprats) and few fish overall. Anyway after seeing fish of some sort on the sounder around Dolphin Sands as the tide started to slacken we put the hook in and gave it a good go, result, not a bite. A move with the tide now on the ebb saw some action, however it was of the dog and strap conger variety and lots of them along with another sizable bass!

So no whiting or cod to report but we had good day in super mild conditions for November and some decent bass for tea.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

No fishing for me.

Took some time off the jobs at home to go and watch my Grand daughter in an army cadet march at Poole Park.

One very proud Grandad!  😉

Well done Jim, we went to the West Moors remembrance to watch our Grandaughter too in her RAF cadets uniform.

She did 2 marches yesterday, Ferndown as well,  feet were killing her last night!!

Proud grandparents like yourself mate😊👍