Cod and Whiting Comp 12-13th November

jerry.shutter

Well Loobie1V ventured out, got two miles off Old Harry and crew decided too lumpy (also the skipper!!!)  back to the secret Ray mark with two charters and 4 private boats, one who anchored so close we offered him a cuppa, plonker!! 

Dogs, Tubs, very slow.

Lunchtime kicked up so back to the harbour where Stuie had 8 bass and J2 and I had nowt!! 

Strange day, but good crack and great to be out. 

Looks like Kev would of won with one Whiting🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well unless there are any other reports to come in it looks like the Cod and Whiting Competition unfortunately blanked.

Well done those who managed to get out, not an easy day.

I had planned to go out on the Monday as it previously was looking better with a SW wind direction, but by Sunday night that had changed.

With fresh blacks J2 had found we headed to Chesil at 5.30 Monday morning. 1.4m Swell my first two casts prouduced below!!!! Sorry about the blood, two of us had 7 on the beach by lunchtime, a few whips and a bass.

Perhaps we had better hold the Cod comp on Chesil next year!!!!

AC98B748-25DA-4F2B-94FC-4FD8D446C7D7.jpeg

8399A7E0-F512-46E1-B03F-795DFCF3A5C2.jpeg

5 hours ago, Greg said:

In my experience December seems to be the month when Whiting venture into the Bay in any numbers and normally stay around to the mid/end of January.

I guess Global warming really is starting to affect our fishing seasons.

Greg

I agree Greg with both your points also the Atlantic multidecadal oscillation is having an effect, it's a major reason the tuna have returned to our shores after many decades absence. Cod seem to work to different parameters.

• 1 month later...