Bass Comp 10-11th September

jerry.shutter

Currently Weather watching very changeable over the last few days, weather fronts moving fast dropping vast amounts of rain.

Saturday and Sunday are not looking good this morning, hopefully it might improve. Keep watching.

Please put your names down to gauge who would like to take part.

19 minutes ago, Ohgreatone said:

I can't  on the 10th/11th but if weather postpones it............

We the committee are looking into trying something different next year that will alleviate these weather interruptions and move away from specific dates for some comps. Chris Witheford is looking into all the variants and possible issues this might create. Hopefully the membership will accept the proposals for a smooth transition to a more inclusive and least disrupted yearly account of best fish results.

1 hour ago, Mal Thomas said:

We the committee are looking into trying something different next year that will alleviate these weather interruptions and move away from specific dates for some comps. Chris Witheford is looking into all the variants and possible issues this might create. Hopefully the membership will accept the proposals for a smooth transition to a more inclusive and least disrupted yearly account of best fish results.

Good luck with any changes to try and get more Members taking part. I will look forward to hearing what is proposed.

Wendy and I were hoping to take part in this Bass one, but only have Sunday available. Will only go if weather is good with Wendy crewing.

Looking at the very changeable weather I am concerned by the SE direction on Sunday which turns the Swash into a nasty washing machine, Saturday things have improved however the sea conditions are likely to be lively from the preceding weather. I am veering towards setting another date so our members are safe and not likely to be uncomfortable in small boats.

Of course non competition trips should go ahead at the skippers discretion. Do you all agree?

Saturday looks ok with winds from the N/E although there may be a residual chop offshore from Fridays blow.

BBC are giving Sunday as light S/E gentle breeze, nowhere to hide outside in a S/E but if the wind is as forecast then may be ok  

I will still fish Saturday but in the harbour for an easy day out.

Room for another if anyone fancies a day out

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

Saturday looks ok with winds from the N/E although there may be a residual chop offshore from Fridays blow.

BBC are giving Sunday as light S/E gentle breeze, nowhere to hide outside in a S/E but if the wind is as forecast then may be ok  

I will still fish Saturday but in the harbour for an easy day out.

Room for another if anyone fancies a day out

I'd love to Martin but Toooooooooooooo much to do with this house move.

Am I a part of HamBanks now?

or not far South enough?  🤪

Looking at the weather this morning I have no reason to Cancel, the weather is looking stable and slightly improving on Monday so not closing in or a small window. Please take part at your own discretion and do not put yourself at any risk or outside your comfort zone.

I will enter M.Thomas and T .Thomas

Serenity calling in sick this weekend

seems I have dropped a valve guide and valve which have buried them selves into a piston , causing damage to 3 other pistons.

Clearly piston broke —- ouch,,!!!!!!!  !!!!!!

PMA says it’s is repairable, let us pray!!!!!!!!,

Tony

11 hours ago, fisherman1055 said:

Serenity calling in sick this weekend

seems I have dropped a valve guide and valve which have buried them selves into a piston , causing damage to 3 other pistons.

Clearly piston broke —- ouch,,!!!!!!!  !!!!!!

PMA says it’s is repairable, let us pray!!!!!!!!,

Tony

*&%$£$%^*&%^ Hell Tony.

All the best.