Junior Fishing Competition 2016

Greg

Weather seems to have improved for tomorrow, so hopefully the trend is set to improve rather than deteriorate. We cant make the BBQ as we are in a golf open comp. Good luck and I hope you all have a great day, will keep an eye on later forecasts.

Mal

PS Look forward to the photos and well done Greg on all your hard  work.

That's a real shame you can not make the Presentation Mal it is going to be a great event, you are a key player in keeping us all safe.

Thank you.

By running  this comp I can now appreciate what an important role the safety officer plays behind the scenes.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi All

Well the weather is finally playing ball and it's great to see the Promo is finally going ahead.

Everything is now ready for the presentation and don't forget all Score Sheets and Photos and Weights of Specimens need to be handed in at the BBQ by 5.45 PM.

The BBQ starts at 5.30PM.

Tomorrow should see some great competitive fishing with everything still to play for. I shall be on Channel 6  so  just report in as usual. 

Good luck to all the Juniors and remember it's the taking part that counts!!!!.

Greg.

Huge thanks to Greg for organising this comp - apart from the kids we all had real fun fishing the comps, and goes to show that teaching others and passing on that infectious bug that is fishing is often better than catching yourself. Reuben is certainly hooked!

Also thank you to the rest of the club helpers and wives etc that made this evening possible.

What a great club!

yes thank you greg for organising the comps, the two that we have fished have been great fun and jayden has enjoyed both of them, beaming from ear to ear this morning

also a big thank you for including jack with the prizes he has not stopped talking about his tackle box and trophy.

as adam says what a great club.

look forward to next year.

Sam

Great day many thanks to Greg and every one who helped make it special for the kids. Curtis and Sophie were over the moon with the prizes and trophies. We had a lovely day out fishing and enjoyed the evening bbq. A lot of time and effort put in to make it happen. Many Many thanks to Nigel for taking us out we won't mention the snapped match rod, not in the junior coaching manual. Great Club making happy memories fishing with the kids. They really enjoy it and have the fishing bug. They tell all there friends what a great time they had and can't wait to do it all again next year. Many Thanks Paul, Sophie and Curtis.

Thank you for your kind comments guys.

Sorry if I didn't get to speak with you all Yesterday evening as I, at one stage was sinking fast. Luckily our Club treasurer Brian and his wife Diane came to my rescue.

I have to say we were really impressed with the behaviour of the kids and in such a confined space and how well they all got on, young and old. 

I have really enjoyed the whole experience of organising the Junior Comp right from the fund raising, dealing with the committee members, liasing with the skippers, seeing the juniors fishing and above all seeing all of them and their parents at the Presentation and the smiles on the kids faces when receiving their trophies and prizes. 

So thank you to everyone's support in the process and I agree with the sentiment expressed: 

What a great club

Greg.

(PS I would be grateful if parents can post me their Juniors Fishing pictures so that I can select a few for the review - Thanks)

Edited by Maverick
changed Brian's committee position

Well done Greg and Carol for all the effort that goes in to pull off a successful event.

You even managed to get the weather gods to play ball yesterday!! ;)

Blake was made up to get his first prizes from a comp, took his trophy to bed!

You can now enjoy the rest of the season and get fishing!

Outstanding event(s) and a big thanks from the girls to Chris and Blake for having them aboard and from all four of us to Carol and Greg for hosting. Thank you also for the committee input and prize donations.

I believe that Chris and I deserved a prize as we behaved like children on Alderney, I will have a pink tackle box please! 

All the best,

The Simpsons

Many thanks to Greg for organising the children's competition this year

This is a big role from the planning ,running the events, keeping records and arranging the prize giving

and adds a lot to the enjoyment of our up and coming anglers keeping them hooked.

Also many thanks to you and your wife for the use of your garden for the presentation and arranging the BBQ

The whole process has been a success and the very positive feedback has been well earned and your efforts appreciated by all

a big achievement as this is your first year at the helm. 

My apologies for not being there but I have been away in Portugal.

Tony