Junior Fishing Competition 2016

Greg

Please be aware of powerboats racing in the bay

Oli has put up another thread on this and I have just received to following

Dear all

To answer your enquiry, details of our racing in Poole Bay are as follows:

09:45 – 11:00  Large boats passing through the bay on a course SW Shingles - Boscombe Pier – Bournemouth Pier – Peveril Ledge.

10:00 – 11:30 Smaller boats passing through the bay on a course Hengistbury Head - Boscombe Pier – Bournemouth Pier – Perenco Wytch Farm – SW Shingles.

15:00 – 16-30  Larger boats pass back through the bay on a course Peveril Ledge – Perenco Wytch Farm – Needled Fairway.

In addition I believe the P1 boats will be racing in the area around the piers all afternoon but Robert Wicks can proide further detaisl of this.

Please get in touch if you require any further information.

Best regards

Rob Andrews

With the forecast breeze from the SW - i think we could restrict Durlston to B'mth Pier - if there is a restriction on the comp.

Swanage bay \ Ballard are looking favourite at the moment.

Are the rules able to be amended to take in to consideration this natural shelter?

The powerboat racing is not this weekend 1st Sept to 4th so will not co-inside with the Junior comp, as far as i can tell.

Rob

Hi all,

As you will all be aware the second leg of the Junior Competition will take place this Sunday 28th August. below is a list of the Juniors and boats taking part.

We do have a couple of Juniors - Curtis and Sophie Driver who are currently without a boat. If any member is able to help out this Sunday they would be very grateful.

Marlin - Bradley Toms
Alfresco - Jayden Wald and Wald
Joint Venture 2- Reuben & Isla Franklin, Olivia Francis, Dom and Sam Annear
Kingfisher - Blake Witherford, Emma and Amy Simpson
Solan - Charlotte and Chris Samways

Boat? - Curtis and Sophie Driver

If their are any changes (or if I have missed anyone out) to this list please feel free to amend as necessary.

With regards to the Power Boat Racing I have only seen dates for 1st - 4th September. I have been in contact with Poole Harbour Control and they have nothing in their diary for this weekend. The Power Boat Racing area is out of Poole Harbour Control's jurisdiction, however, they are normally notified of any racing taking place should support be required. Charlie is going to check the dates again tomorrow and if there is racing taking place then we will restrict the comp to the Harbour.

Rob - The weather keeps changing day by day for Sunday. At the moment it is looking favourable. If it is not favourable, then we will restrict the comp to the Harbour.  We have to do that because there are Juniors taking part who are not too great with choppy conditions and we have to make it fair for everyone. For your info' the fishing restriction is within a line from Old Harry Rocks taking in Poole Patch and then to Bournemouth Pier. We will not be venturing out of this Zone.

As usual I will consult our Safety Officer on Saturday night and post an announcement accordingly. Remember the comp time is from 09.30AM to 3.00PM.

Cheers

Greg

On the powerboat website the dates are as stated - 1st>4th

http://www.p1superstock.co.uk/Race-info/Bournemouth/2016/71607

http://cowestorquaycowes.co.uk/

http://www.letsgoout-bournemouthandpoole.co.uk/main-events/bournemouth/powerboat-p1-aqua-x-jetski-championships/

Plus in the info Oli posted - i think he started the rumor it was this weekend.

R

Sorry Charlie

In my haste last night in getting out the post I left off Jack's first name please find the amended list below.

Marlin - Bradley Toms
Alfresco - Jayden Wald and Jack Wald
Joint Venture 2- Reuben & Isla Franklin, Olivia Francis, Dom and Sam Annear
Kingfisher - Blake Witherford, Emma and Amy Simpson
Solan - Charlotte and Chris Samways

Boat? - Curtis and Sophie Driver

Hey Rob, Guess who the Junior Comp Organiser baton will be passed to next year :D  :D.................You will have my full support. 

Greg

Nearly there Greg. Jack chapman not Wald. Lol

Hope the weather forecast improves as doesn't look great at the moment and a forecast better than that was questioned after the event for going ahead last year.

Keep it going Greg. Going well so far it's not an easy task keeping everyone happy.

Sam

Hi All

Due to the size of the wind gusts forecast for Tomorrow the Junior Fishing Competition will be restricted to Poole Harbour.

I will be on Channel 6 from 09.00AM and would be grateful if everyone could report in as usual. There are some good fish being caught in the Harbour at the moment including, Triggers, Gilt Head Bream and some Specimen Plaice so there's plenty out there to keep the Juniors interested.

Good luck everyone and I will see you tomorrow.

Greg

Yes that is correct Charlie,  the Chain Ferry inwards.

However,  Skippers will need to keep an eye on their exposure to the wind and their direction when drift fishing in the strong gusts

if they choose to do so. I personally,  will be seeking sheltered places where possible for Brad to fish.

Cheers,

Greg