Junior Fishing Competition 2016

Greg

Greg, Chris et al,

we are still looking forward to the 28th Aug and 111th September, the family holiday is 23rd July to 6th Aug and I will not have access to internet over this period so any updates will be read on return.

Looking forward to the event and trying out my new speedo's.

Ian

Good luck for tomorrow Rob, let's hope the weather stays good for Sunday.

Just got back from a long day at Thorpe Park, and after 23 rides I feel that I have been out in a

storm force 10 all day!!!!!

Thanks for the post Mal, I will call you tomorrow afternoon just to confirm the arrangements for Sunday.

Greg

Hi all

Junior Fishing Competition First Leg Sunday 24th July.

The arrangements for tomorrow are as follows:-

We will anticipate to fish Poole Bay within the restriction zone up to 1.00PM. Marlin will commence fishing at Poole Patch.

The wind is then forecast to increase from then onwards ( i.e. when the tide turns) which means we will then retreat to the harbour.

Fishing will commence at 09.30PM and I will be on channel 6 from 08.30 onwards. I will also have my mobile Tele 07748 630343. Can you please report in to me prior to 09.30.

Also, remember to fill in your score sheets as you go and return them to me prior to 10th September.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Greg

If the fog is still around at 08.30 this morning then I will delay the start of the competition to 10.30 AM. And, if the fog is still around at 09.30AM I will delay the start to 11.30 AM and so on.

If anyone is in any doubt please call me on 07748 630343 before setting off this morning.

Greg

Well done to all those Juniors who took part in today's first leg of the junior fishing competition. There were some good fish caught and the weather just held out.

Please email me your score sheets when ready, as stated, the best day's score sheet and best specimens over the three days size will be put forward for prizes.

I will start with some images of the day on Marlin. It would be good to see more images of other competitors catches.

See you all on the 28th August for the second leg.

Greg

post-1715-0-08711900-1469385824.jpgpost-1715-0-56167100-1469385856.jpgpost-1715-0-48141600-1469385900.jpg

Greg, thanks for organising today. We had great fun on JV between Sam, Dom and Reuben. Isla declined to fish today as it was a bit rolly but she toughed it out nonetheless.

I'll email the score sheets this week. Pics on the clubs Facebook page.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for organising comp went well today as the weather just stayed kind enough for us all.

I left the tally sheet on the boat as I had a four year old asleep when I left the boat so it was overlooked.

Hopefully get a chance to pick it up tomorrow and send results.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg

Can we please see a list of results from the first junior comp.

Please also put my grandson Jayden Wald down as fishing on Alfresco for the next two rounds. If the weather is right we may even have his little brother Jack onboard as well on the 28th August.

Thanks

Hi Charlie

Thanks for joining in with the comp.I have already included Jack as Sam asked me to include him well before the deadline for entrants.

I have asked for the score sheets to be sent to me after the first leg but to date I have only received about 50% of them. I do not intend publishing results after each leg of the competition as the rules state that only the best score need to be submitted on the 11th September or before if someone is not fishing the last leg.

specimen fish caught must be recorded with a photo and the Junior. Again I have only received two specimens to date being Brad on Marlin and Charlotte of Solan. I must stress that If I do not receive the details as set out in the rules then

There will be some very disappointed Juniors.

I am currently on holiday and will be returning to Home on the 11th August. I will have a chase around then for those who have not submitted their details.

Cheers

Greg