Joint Venture Re-Build thread

Adam F

Hi mate

I know that you both bought the boat with the intension to do her up to the standard of JV1,

Not sure that you were expecting some of the things you have found so far, or the ejecter seat.

Some of these pictures shows what not to do. But it's all fixable buddy.

Huge respect to Percy for getting her in to your garden, told you he was a good un.

We all know the boat will be a cracker, when he picks her up in the spring

Then look out fishes

Charlie

Looking at the sorry state now she's all stripped out you could flog her on to Little Sal . . . . . .  He loves a project. :D

Seriously though Adam, that's a lot of work and expense.

Make sure you give your wife plenty of kisses for being so understanding.

We'll see you back on the water in the spring with a very safe, gorgeous boat.

Well done.

Jim

Bit more progress this weekend. No going back now!

Managed to strip out all of the electrics and all of the woodwork. All that is left now is the hydraulics and then it's time to done the dusk mask and look like I'm an Ebola doctor before setting to the interior fibreglass with a diamond disc!

re4u9a7y.jpg

zyvygygy.jpg

e6yje5ed.jpg

ymuba4u4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Major progress today, and not a job I was looking forward to - I'd rather have been out in NZ in the sun with Ian, and not on my back under the deck with a grinder and sabre saw for 5 hours. Despite a full set of PPE I still ended up covered in itchy grp dust, it literally got everywhere.

Anyway, I'm now very close to the stage where things stop getting worse and start getting better. The wheelhouse deck is completely gone, just a bit of final grinding and cleaning and then it's time to order in the marine ply and start templating bulk heads ready for a new deck to be glassed in.

70010577ee820bdb19991b526c1cf631.jpg

Wheelhouse dash.... Gone!

a4a62076793f43c0d2bb435880f55ce3.jpg

Forward bunk... Gone!

4fa293fcd09bcf6b007c9a87ce56aba7.jpg

Middle section... Gone!

1899b845a6ef2262cd9013d3f6d74d0f.jpg

Galley section... Gone

5cf173c44dc84c3b807e7e35d3c9e053.jpg

Everything... Gone. And hoovered. Mountain of dust. Bloody glad that job is done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just an observation Adam, the limber holes running between the bulkheads.

There is alot of area there thats not sealed if there was a hole up forward, how far back do they go?

Maybe worth thinking about making one bulkhead watertight just in case.

Well done on getting the worst job of all out the way, soon see some results come together looking good so far.

Chris, it's a good observation, and another reason I've taken the boat back as far as I have.

The boat has 8 bulkheads in total but all have limber holes, so no water tight compartments. My plan going forward is to seal these off hand have 4 water tight compartments will electric and manual bilge pumps.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for thinking I was nearly there. Another 5 hours of grinding was required to get every last bit off. The only bit built properly on the boat was the toilet cubicle.... The bloody thing would have survived a nuclear blast, absolute nightmare to get that out.

I honestly didn't expect to have taken the boat back this far... I'm now left with what isn't far off a bare set of mouldings! Anyway, we are here now.

GROUND ZERO!

From here on in I start to add things...and the rebuild starts!

deeadea281226509c42d1cb82a2511d8.jpg

29346b76cd70e95746e5a19c6c67f55d.jpg