Joint Venture Re-Build thread

Adam F

THE BIG DAY....

I've been flat out since first light. With the lorry booked for 2pm, and still plenty of jobs to do, it was time to get cracking. The time flew by with the little jobs.. Hoover all the lockers, last few bits to flowcoat, hatches to bolt back on, remove and strap down radar arch, etc.

Before I knew it, Percy arrived and we began to strap her up ready to be lifted over the 300 year old workshop, all went without issue and soon we were strapped down ready to go, after a tense 15 mins trying to manoeuvre out of my single track lane onto the main road, he was out and on the way to Poole.

We arrived without issues at 5pm, the boys in the hard were great and we soon had her off and found a suitable trailer. A quick dip in the water to check... Nervous times, would she float, would she be biased to one side, would she sit bow down?..... Needn't had worried, she sat slightly bow higher than before (suggesting slightly lighter) and was bob on level. Perfect, and now I can sleep tonight!

She's now nestled back on her dry berth ready for new hydro hoses on Sat and then sea trial and few last jobs over the weekend.

Take away and a bottle of wine to celebrate tonight!

10 months and 10 days, over 350 separate items ordered and purchased, and I estimate about 1000 man hours and I'm there. A huge thanks to all white have helped me but special mention to Rob, and Bob who I would still be working away now if it wasn't for them, and also to Pete Russell, not only for all of the special fabrications he made, but also the endless advice and also the inspiration, as I'd never have built either boat without knowing him.

Looking forward to getting her afloat in the next few days.

cc4a67b558a092f32ba1a3416dc5853f.jpg06dabed77334c36a5d34a5e2adcee8b5.jpg1528aff37f59f2faba03b0f6b4e2578a.jpgeb2747bd95dd5d5f8933028c052d9c1b.jpg16edc4adae353f681d660017fe543708.jpgfc81599183b504d09e3b1a6970b7250d.jpg9c5288bcb624e3103150ace259e1cb8a.jpg3a5ae43e748fd8f9507a80476dce8b7a.jpg319adda71289a72ac5745e51b8dedd22.jpg

Blown away Adam! What a talented guy, well done for all your hard work she looks truly amazing. 

I haven't been on here for a while as my little ones took me in a different direction, makes me want to get back out there again...

Enjoy!!!!

Blown away Adam! What a talented guy, well done for all your hard work she looks truly amazing. 

I haven't been on here for a while as my little ones took me in a different direction, makes me want to get back out there again...

Enjoy!!!!

I was wondering where you'd got to !

Hope all's well Simon.

Jim

Spent 8 hours on Sat with Dan replacing all of the hydro hoses on the DPH drive. Pig of a job - made worse by the 6 clevis pins that havent moved for 6 years.... cue lots of elbow grease and big hammers. The plus side is that now I know how the leg comes off and how to do most jobs on the leg - will save a fortune in labour going forward.

Al also came down and polished the hull for me - top man. Ive rebolted on the radar arch, so now we await next Sat for the shakedown and test runs......