Club Cod Comp Sunday 16th

Neal

Hear hear Martin. So the flounder comp is sacrificed for a Cod comp that produced no Cod, so what happens if there are no Cod this time??.If the Flounder comp produces no flounders we then have two comps to reschedule. There is the danger here of setting a precedent, every time a comp has a bad result will we have to fish it again???? And again and again until the nominated fish is caught.

As Martin says we are a democratic club. So air your views and help Neil make his decision.

The date for the flounder comp was set months ago and if that needed changing due to bad weather the 14th would be about the only option before Christmas.

No much point fishing for a Christmas hamper after Christmas.

I feel that if the Cod comp is rescheduled, it shouldn't be done at the expense of the flounder comp.

In my view you don't tear up what is already agreed, to rerun a comp that has already been run.

If we want another cod comp (Cod Comp 2, the rerun....) and I'm happy to give it another go, I think it will need to be on a date not already penciled in, maybe just after Christmas or January.

I would like to see the Cod comp re-scheduled but not at the expense of the flounder comp.

Mind you, I would do well to actually get out to fish it, but would be an incentive to go 

fishing.

Seems a shame not having any winner for the trophy.

BTW: Many smaller boats fished in the Solent and got amongst the cod on Sunday. In the past we had more trailered boats and I recall fishing our cod comp in the Solent ( and catching ), so for the trailerable boats this is always a good option in worst weather. ( Mind you we had much nicer weather further out than was inshore on Sunday )

Personally I would agree that the flounder comp remains as is, however I don't see the problem to have a re-run of the Cod comp.

To me the ideal time would be over the Xmas break to New Year, I know some may be on holiday or away but I am sure some of us would be only too happy to get out of the house and family for a bit of fresh air and be able to cut down on all the extra food and drink. :blink:

At the end of the day we all go fishing for a bit of sport and fun, so why not add a special target for that particular day, if no Cod are caught then so be it, but that's fishing.

Dave

Personally I would agree that the flounder comp remains as is, however I don't see the problem to have a re-run of the Cod comp.

To me the ideal time would be over the Xmas break to New Year, I know some may be on holiday or away but I am sure some of us would be only too happy to get out of the house and family for a bit of fresh air and be able to cut down on all the extra food and drink. :blink:

At the end of the day we all go fishing for a bit of sport and fun, so why not add a special target for that particular day, if no Cod are caught then so be it, but that's fishing.

Dave

Good idea, suits me, count me in !

As a small boat owner I would like to know where you go for the cod comp as I am not able to go as far as the larger boats , I am intending to enter the flounder comp, and would like a go at the cod if it was to be rerun during holidays but this is down to weather and distance.

Mick.

Hi Mick

In 2006 I won the Poole Open Cod comp and caught the winning fish near the end of the Swash Channel. The Cod come in closer to the shore in winter to feed on crabs and other shore food.

I was anchored about 150 yards west of the Historic Wreck marker buoy.

The bait I used was clean squid on a 6/0 Pennel rig,

Good luck

As a small boat owner I would like to know where you go for the cod comp as I am not able to go as far as the larger boats , I am intending to enter the flounder comp, and would like a go at the cod if it was to be rerun during holidays but this is down to weather and distance.

Mick.

How small? Before we give advice I think it would be handy to know what craft you have.

I have a 15ft Terhi and have fished south of the needles many times. Fished 10miles out and done a few trips with a 20+ mile return journey.

Judge your craft suitability on your experience & confidence. And importantly weather conditions & more importantly, the forecast! No point going out in perfect conditions if it is going to change half way though your day!

Stay safe!

Rob