Club Cod Comp Sunday 16th

Neal

Sounds a good idea to re-run it, and a date when people have another incentive to be out makes sense,

George and I would then be keen to take part, and available as crew (Frisky can't practically compete during short days, with bridge lifts, and travelling needs).

Mike

If we go for the 7th December to run the Cod competition again - it leaves us 2 week ends before Christmas to have the Bob Horne Memorial flounder comp

Sunday 21st follows the Steve Porter Christmas bash - so a few sore heads and many people probably unavailable - if last year was anything to go by!

Which leaves us with the 14th December for the Flounders - but a really crap tide - more suited to fishing offshore.

Then what do we do about the Christmas Hamper / Fayre........

Alternatively - the Flounder Comp could to be moved to either the long Christmas weekend - 28th December or the New Year weekend.- 4th January...........Up to you guys

All subject to weather - of course!

Let me know what you think.

I don't think the tides matter that much for flounders. A couple of years ago we fished a similar tide and there were some nice big ones caught.

I think it would be good to fish the Flounder match before Christmas if we want to include a hamper....and could be fished in most weather.

Fix a date for that...and move the more weather dependent Cod comp around it.

Alun.

May I suggest you keep the flounder comp on the date planned and move the club cod comp to between the

Chistmas Period (like Andy's traditionally had been)

I believe the 7th December tides are going to be high and only the die hards may be able to fish it?

That then gives us an excuse to get out of the house and look forward to something over the Christmas

period?

Just because ot was run with no result, I personaly see no reason not to try again

If some of us that fished last weekend can not make the new date, does that matter?

Better to try and get a winner than just accept that there isnt one IMHO

But this is a club so we should discuss and air our views so that the committee can make an informed decision

So keep up the comments and help Neal out guys

For personal/selfish reasons I would prefer our xmas comp to be fished on the 7th as planned.  I missed Bobs comp last year and would hate to miss it again, Bob loved his flounder fishing and I for one would like to commemorate his passing in the usual manner.  If the majority did agree to change the date of this comp then as Neal says the 21st will be no good for several of us party goers so the only available date prior to xmas for us would be the 14th.  If it were fished after xmas then I will probably not be available to fish it.  

Not sure I quite understand the views that one comp should be sacrificed for another especially as there appears to be very few cod about anyways.  Would we all be asking to move dates of the flounder comp if it had a fishless result?  The cod comp has been fished so if rescheduled it should in my view take a back seat over other planned activities.

I never thought I would ever hear myself  saying go floundering instead of coding, I must be getting olddddd................er

We are a democratic club and of course the committee guided by comments from the membership will decide on what to do.

If the cod grounds were in range for me Id be going cod fishing. I say rerun the comp on the same day as the flounder comp. Cod fishermen will be doing the other comp anyway. Catch a flounder on the way home. Win both.

So my vote is to put both on the 7 th