Alderney 2014 take 2 - 23rd May

Rob

Oli we have historically gone across the channel when you are at a wedding so it looks like it was meant to be :P

Actually looking at the calendar not sure I could get away with that weekend.  I will try and fall in with others plans

I know, you just can't make it up! (I think one of them was my own wedding which I was unlikely to get away with).

Ok so there's us / you / Alfresco / JV at least that can't do that weekend so still good potential for another trip if the others leave any fish behind!

June isnt good for JV. so yes, going on the 2 weekly cycle, next date would be 4-7th July.

Thats what I'm aiming for anyway - already in the family diary.

Hopefulyl we will have Dave and Oli along, so 3 new boats.

Why why do we book on a bank holiday, the weather is always sh#t 😂😂😂😂

Spent a quality night on the boat last night rocking and rolling pouring with rain all night ,reminded me of the time in Alderney when the wave hit the break water and bang on the floor, I must get Chris to make me some side rail to keep me in bed!!!!!

I would be happy if it was the 4 th of July maybe some good bass about and maybe the new magic will be here😄😄😄😄

O well back home disappointed but safe, thanks to all that done the prep work better luck next time

Kev I think I'll have a few these🍺🍺🍺🍺

I know, you just can't make it up! (I think one of them was my own wedding which I was unlikely to get away with).

Ok so there's us / you / Alfresco / JV at least that can't do that weekend so still good potential for another trip if the others leave any fish behind!

Serenity may be free in July to join you , subject to crew and .f.p.o. agreement

Tony

We decided to try and do a bit of fishing

Met at the boat at 6 after some trouble getting in and Dan running a bit late

We set off to have the morning on an inshore mark for tope or eels

9 miles out we stopped for bait on a calm sea in the rain, bybthe time we got our foul weather gear on it had blown up to about a force 5

Unhappily the weather had done us again, so i decided to bolt for swanage.

Where we were joined by Chris

We were not sure that Chris' s idea to give it a go was sound

The strong breeze had us kiting about, so we headed to ballard to get a bit more tide

As the rain stopped it warmed up a bit and we started to get a few bream and dogs, Chris decided to head for home just after he did dans bream rod had a screaming run, on the light gear he played it carfully before I slipped the net under his new PB Bass, when weighed ashore later it went 8lb 61/2 oz

The sun came out for a while and the breaming got better after we knocked up some rice and squid into groundbait.

We had 30 or 40 bream and another two bass of 3lb and 5lb

Mid afternoon we packed up and headed in, pleased that we had managed to get out fishing on what should have been a 4 day fishing trip, and very happy for Danpost-6-0-68493500-1400959703_thumb.jpgpost-6-0-25572300-1400959799_thumb.jpg

Well done Charlie you all ended up with some nice fish.

The photos do not show how crap the weather was.

We had a few bream, bass, lsd and wrasse, just got fed up with swinging around 180 degrees so drifted for a while.

We only planned to be out for a few hours so headed in.

Well after the full trip was postponed and a day inshore on Sat, mondays forecast looked more promising

We are getting a bit too used to the 0500 alarm call

Nigel had accepted an offer to join Dan, Will and I for a day on the wrecks, so at 0600 we gathered at the boat and set off to RV with Kingfisher and Tigerfish 30 odd miles offshore.

The day started very well with several weighty pollack and a few tasty cod.

After loads of wreck trips trying to get a double figure fish Dan passed that mark last year, today he upped his Pb a couple of times

This is now his new one

post-6-0-80590700-1401135072_thumb.jpg

Before long all of the lads had fish over 11lb

Chris and Chris seemed to be doing very well on their pirks on Kingfisher, I believe that they had even larger fish and a couple of double headers.

Tigerfish had moved a little further off, we are not sure how the rest of their day went.

By lunchtime we had enough pollack and decided to look for more cod on other marks, all our efforts were in vain

We had a great day, but were tired by the time we got back

Good job we did not catch that lot on the way to the islands, not enough room or ice in the fishbox's lol

post-6-0-57447200-1401138128_thumb.jpg