Alderney 2014 take 2 - 23rd May

Rob

Thanks mike

I have had a quick look at navionics on my tablet, where I remember all of those boats was probably on the south end of the big bank at the end of the little Russell.

That other marks are a bit to far South West, as we have very little info on how to fish them or what for.

Has anyone thought of using beaucette marina?

Maybe not for us this time, due to bank holiday accomadation, but I hear from members of the yacht club that fuel is even cheaper there and its nearer the banks

Another question, is anyone registered on the wreck site for the french wrecks and those around Guernsey, just in case lol

Another question, is anyone registered on the wreck site for the french wrecks and those around Guernsey, just in case lol

Just renewed my wrecksite membership and it looks like I can see the wrecks around Guernsey.  Will have a look through for some interesting ones and put a list of numbers together if that helps mate?

http://www.beaucettemarina.com/

One of the most spectacular and narrow entrances of any marina I've ever been to (inside a flooded quarry).

It's a nice area at the tip of the island for exploring or shore fishing, but there's not a lot else there. Think captive market. When I last visited I couldn't find any alternative place to eat.

I think the usual marina residents (and people live there with broadband wired to their boats) don't mind the restaurant prices (find dinner menu).

Might be a good place to eat your brill and turbot on board?

Mike

PS Not sure if petrol is available.

http://www.beaucettemarina.com/

One of the most spectacular and narrow entrances of any marina I've ever been to (inside a flooded quarry).

It's a nice area at the tip of the island for exploring or shore fishing, but there's not a lot else there. Think captive market. When I last visited I couldn't find any alternative place to eat.

I think the usual marina residents (and people live there with broadband wired to their boats) don't mind the restaurant prices (find dinner menu).

Might be a good place to eat your brill and turbot on board?

Mike

PS Not sure if petrol is available.

Had a look at the link and it looks like limited berthing if a few of us are going over?  At least mooring is alongside so no water taxis to get to and from the boats.

Are you guys still mulling over where to actually go should the weather gods smile on us?

I will be heading for Guernsey, with the option to change on the day as required as we are staying on the boat.

Just go with the weather conditions and places we fish.

Will look to head for Alderney Sunday night, want an early start and have a go on the French wrecks on the way back as last year.

As a first timer I'll be looking to pick up a few tips along the way, will have to check with the other guys coming over from Portland to see what they have in mind.

Anybody who was planning to crew for the original dates and now don't have a boat to crew on please get in touch if interested in the reserve dates.

Paul

Is this the most up to date list:

1, Kingfisher - Chris W, Chris A

2, Yelo Kev, Dave, Dean. We need accommodation if anybody knows of som

3 Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan - Note: Can't make 6th to the 9th I'm in China again

4. Joint Venture - Adam, Ian & Alun

5 Redfin .. Peter, Matt, Rob, Nic T?

6, Alfresco - Charlie, Dan & Will

Is this the most up to date list:

2, Yelo Kev, Dave, Dean. We need accommodation if anybody knows of som

3 Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan - Note: Can't make 6th to the 9th I'm in China again

5 Redfin .. Peter, Matt, Rob, Nic T (non-member at the moment! Adam, you know him!)

Anybody looking for a crew space?????

I have a space for 1 for the Alderney trip as one of my crew could not get the leave after the cancellation of the last trip, but I'm going on the 6th 7th 8th  and 8th June. PM me if interested.

Tomo

2, Yelo Kev, Dave, Dean. We need accommodation if anybody knows of some
3 Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan
5 Redfin .. Peter, Matt, Rob, Nic T (non-member at the moment! Adam, you know him!)

Yes indeed Charlie we need a meeting.

Days next week, I'm ok for: Monday, Wednesday and at a pinch Tuesday. Obviously Thursday is rather too late!

Venue ?

I'm still hoping to find a victim to crew on mine Charlie, please include me in as a deffo if I can rope somebody in.

Not sure I can make the pre trip meeting as I've got a load to get done next week to allow time to get down to the boat some time Thursday to fuel up etc. ready for an early start Friday.

Paul