Alderney 2014 take 2 - 23rd May

Rob

Starting this thread so we can see if there are enough boats to make the original reserve date.

Just to make it more formal than chit chat on the old thread!

Skippers list your boat below for 23 May trip:

The boys and I need to check work commitments, and see what can be changed around.

When are you thinking of going guys, as if I manage to get the boys along, we may struggle to get more time than the three day weekend I am supposed to be working the Monday afternoon, but may see if I can sort that out.

Charlie

1, Kingfisher - Chris W, Chris A
2, Yelo Kev, Dave, Dean. We need accommodation if anybody knows of som

3 Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan  - Note: Can't make 6th to the 9th  I'm in China again

4. TBC - Adam, Ian & Alun

3 Tigerfish - Steve, Lloyd, Alan  - Note: Can't make 6th to the 9th  I'm in China again

5 Redfin .. Peter, Matt, Rob, Nic T?

For some reason I can not copy and paste today

Please add Alfresco to the list, Charlie Will Dan , Unfortunatley no Sam

I have spoken to Mark @AA and informed him, :(  :( That we will not be with him this weekend

They do not have any accomadation for the May bank holiday or the 1st weekend in June. So we will probably just take the three of us and sleep on the boat.

The good news is that my boss is Happy to cover my jobs so I get the weekend pass, well from work anyway.

I had better finish the garden this weekend to get the real boss onside.

Over to you Dave, 2 weeks to get the shiney new toy to Poole

and Adam regarding TBC

Here we go again

All crossed for weather :D

5 Redfin .. Peter, Matt, Rob, Nic T?  

6, Alfresco - Charlie, Dan & Will         

I'm up for it if any other boats are going from Portland and I can get crew  :rolleyes:

Looks like Redfin is coming Paul

and there may be spare crew as some of the boats can not make the spare dates and unfortunately some may not make the trip at all

Hope that you can make it

A few probs with accommodation !!   Looks like all is booked up for that weekend.  It is the weekend of an Arts Festival and will be very busy !!

So probs finding a bed and, no doubt, the dining places will be full too !!

How about 2 weeks later ????

A few probs with accommodation !!   Looks like all is booked up for that weekend.  It is the weekend of an Arts Festival and will be very busy !!

So probs finding a bed and, no doubt, the dining places will be full too !!

How about 2 weeks later ????

We have already booked for the 6th June and have 8 crew, but I would suggest you book soon as I think you will find the accommodation will go quick..as I think Alderney Angling and others are almost full.  

Tomo

Looks like we are struggling.

JV crew can make the 2nd date, but I'm struggling on the Fri so we would have to leave later with Alfresco or I would have to jump on with Alfresco if the other two go early. But then we don't have accommodation and the new boat isn't really set up to sleep more than 1.

Rach is away the weekend if the 6-9th so I'm at home with the kids.

Ian is pretty much away most of June with only the odd day free, although I could make the 13-16th but I'd imagine big tides, then the next option is the smaller tides on 20-23rd?

So here's an idea if we are struggling for accommodation on the reserve date and the weather looks too good to miss.... How about go go into Guernsey as our base? From the Schole Bank the run back is about the same?

We have a spare single bed on tigerfish if you don't mind sleeping in the same cabin as Alan.

Would be like sleeping with a brown bear... In both noise and furryness! I'd let him share with his brother!

So here's an idea if we are struggling for accommodation on the reserve date and the weather looks too good to miss.... How about go go into Guernsey as our base? From the Schole Bank the run back is about the same?

I have been saying for years that Guernsey would make a good base, the harbour is more sheltered yhan Braye and the town nearer to hand (no bloody hill) only problem is it's 29 miles further on from Braye but the distance from the schole is about the same distance as from Braye, you'll love it.  Uuum I still can't go  :(

I have been saying for years that Guernsey would make a good base, the harbour is more sheltered yhan Braye and the town nearer to hand (no bloody hill) only problem is it's 29 miles further on from Braye but the distance from the schole is about the same distance as from Braye, you'll love it.  Uuum I still can't go  :(

Yes, it was your and Duncan's trip there a few years ago that reminded me. Whilst I really like the quirk of Alderney and he slightly closer nature, why not one year for a change, and also if the forecast is so go it's silly not to go, it would be the best option.

We would need to find flexible accommodation though in case we did need to cancel.

What's the fuel prices like in Guernsey?