Alderney 2014 take 2 - 23rd May

Rob

Ive just come back from walking my hounds round Baiter and Whitecliffe ...... Its like a washing machine out there!!! AND COLD!!

Definitely not boat fishing weather.

Yep nasty out there at the moment. If the forecast is right late afternoon it will all start to settle down, a dropping sea is way better than a building sea. Currently mid channel is 3.3ft.

If the forecast is correct and it all starts to drop off we are going, leaving around 17:00 otherwise it will be leave tomorrow morning.

Bloody weather - howling out there this morning.

The rest of the 3 days doesnt look to bad - but reminds me of 2011 - as Martin says a F4 on the nose for 4/5 hours isnt too nice. Its really borderline for me.....

I seem to remember an even earlier one with a 6 on the nose for 8 hours in the promise of a fantastic 3 days to follow.....although only Tom and I were in our boats that trip!  I hope it works out for you all but beware anticipation and frustration have no place in making difficult decisions on such trips.

I'm not convinced it will drop in time - 5pm would be the very latest I'd want to leave, with 4 being better - I have crew to put ashore, and will need dinner etc - not something I want to be doing at 10pm.

If it's not dropped considerably by early / mid afternoon I think it will be a Sat morning departure - provided we arent the only ones and can get a buddy boat. After 2011 and with the new boat I'm definatly on the side of caution with this one.

This weather is like trying to nail jelly to a wall - it's now looking like the trip might not even go ahead - latest weather update as of midday has Sat and Sun being windy. Mon looks like the time to go.... but most of us cant do that :-(

Looks like a July trip then! Maybe the fishing will have picked up by then!

Not looking good, Osprey all rigged and ready for the off but weather looking pants for the short term.  Later next week currently looking much better but who knows how that will change???

If all else fails we can sneak in a couple of days wrecking out of Portland perhaps but will need to go out a bit to get past dirty water.

That's a real shame but on the plus side (for me) I can probably make the next series of dates  ;)

When would the next dates be Martin (please don't say 6/7/8 - only bloody wedding I've been invited to this year is that weekend and I'm an usher so can't even make an excuse!)

Sorry about this one chaps

Oli

A friend of mine is on the Condor trip Poole to St Malo and this has had to turn round about 30 mins ago and is returning to port

Tony

indeed

Condor Express

Friday 23 May 2014 WEATHER DELAY POOLE - CI

Condor Ferries regrets that Condor Express had to return to Poole due to unexpected weather conditions outside her operating limits.

Obviously PBSBAC boats don't have such puny operating limits..........but all the same it's something to take note of!