Alderney 2013

Adam F

A belated Happy New Year to you all.

As I didn't make the trip in 2012 due to the little issue of our newest member of the family arriving, I'm super keen to get back out again this year.

Crew and dates are already sorted as I've got to work around family stuff in May, so I'm looking at heading over 3rd - 6th May. Tides are good that weekend.

Can I twist anyone's arm to tag along with us?

Adam

Adam

And a happy new year to you.

You won't need to twist many arms laugh.gif I purposely didn't start a thread on this trip as I know historically you have sorted out dates etc.

As far as I can see AWOL will be up for making it over this year. We didn't make last year but that was down to weather and alternative dates not being suitable for us. We will probably stay on the boat this year or maybe book accommodation last thing.

Looking forward to it and fingers crossed for good weather

Martin

Dare I suggest that people ALSO book off the 18th-21st May off work too, as this is the backup date (For JV anyway, due to Adam's commitments).

We loose so many boats that intend to go if the date shifts to the reserve date! (We do tend to use the reserve date often!).

Otherwise you might end up sat at home reading reports that coudl have been yours!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Rob

I saw the 2011 thread for Alderney the other day and it is 17 pages long! The 2012 trip has 2 threads of 8 and 14 pages!

Not that this is a highlight to many peoples fishing year!!!

Be great to have some new boats and members come along.

Now where did I put my Weaver fish livebait rig?

smile.gif

I want to take our boat to Alderney this year but as I have not made the crossing before I thought I will go on a charter boat there first, keep hearing stories about a big patch of swell so I need to see this first and know what to expect when we take our own boat.

I am currently booked on Rapid Fisher charter boat for a four day trip to Alderney leaving on Monday 29th of April, it's a

Hi all, Happy New Year Adam

Dave and I have been joking about this for weeks, on who would put it up first.

I will have to check the dates at work before I start to look for crew

Have to get back to you, is that the Bank Holiday weekend, has anyone check accomadation available?

Charlie

Alderney tides wink.gifwink.gif

Remember that they are UTC, but the times of HW look good for fueling up.

http://www.visitalderney.com/files/managed...ald_tt_2013.pdf

Who started this tongue.giftongue.gif

Adam are you going to talk to Mainbrayce and the Harbour Master?

Edited by great white

I want to take our boat to Alderney this year but as I have not made the crossing before I thought I will go on a charter boat there first, keep hearing stories about a big patch of swell so I need to see this first and know what to expect when we take our own boat.

I am currently booked on Rapid Fisher charter boat for a four day trip to Alderney leaving on Monday 29th of April, it's a

Calm down Matt, you will not get to May

I have checked dates at work and we are in biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Better get some crew now

Good idea to check out a trip first, but to be honest with so many Club boats around you would be guided/ looked after quite well.

The islands have their own weather patterns and the tides can kick it up, but it is not a risky trip.

BRING IT ON. [again]

oh dear!

i cant remember how many trains and taxis were involved in acheiving last years trip but i know i went to and from poole to portsmouth to eastbourne a few times.

And i do know it was the greatest memory of last year, but i had thought about giving it a break this year

so do i do it again, surely theres no point in having a long distance mile eater if you dont let her lift her skirts at least once a year?

but could someone fix the weather this year?

in practice if you lot go and have great weather i will be well fed up!

maybe it has to be done again