Alderney 2013

Adam F

oh dear!

i cant remember how many trains and taxis were involved in acheiving last years trip but i know i went to and from poole to portsmouth to eastbourne a few times.

And i do know it was the greatest memory of last year, but i had thought about giving it a break this year

so do i do it again, surely theres no point in having a long distance mile eater if you dont let her lift her skirts at least once a year?

but could someone fix the weather this year?

in practice if you lot go and have great weather i will be well fed up!

maybe it has to be done again

You know you want to...

oh dear!

i cant remember how many trains and taxis were involved in acheiving last years trip but i know i went to and from poole to portsmouth to eastbourne a few times.

And i do know it was the greatest memory of last year, but i had thought about giving it a break this year

so do i do it again, surely theres no point in having a long distance mile eater if you dont let her lift her skirts at least once a year?

but could someone fix the weather this year?

in practice if you lot go and have great weather i will be well fed up!

maybe it has to be done again

Indeed - come on Greg, like you say, no one likes to see a tiger caged up! Or an Osprey!

Let her rip, maybe some keen crew in the Club would help you bring her round to Poole again, or maybe to leave from Portsmouth?

Rob

Those you tube videos are great, note to self take a crash helmet with me so not to bang my head in the wheelhouse haha.

Definatly charter boat first trip seems a wise choice.

Thanks guys

Malcolm

I wouldnt let that bother you mate , it was just the boys trying to hard to get to the fish

The rest of us were in much calmer water at the time

Charlie biggrin.gif

The list to date looks like

joint Venture

Awol

Kingfisher

Serenity

Wishin Too

Freebouys

White Magic

Mrs Sea??

Alfresco

Tigerfish

Without wishing to take over the organisation but knowing how busy Adam is, I have talked to contacts on the Island

Mainbrayce chandlers have confirmed that they will have two water taxi's running on the dates and all moorings should be in by Easter.

They have also confirmed that price discounts will be the same as previous years for diesel fuel and the water taxi.

Mainbrayce are the duty free shop on the island, order it early during the stay and they deliver to the boats by water taxi.

Other boat bits can also be bought from them VAT free, if you are going and looking to get something for your boat give them a call

01481 822722 or 07781 415420

I have also spoken to Mark at Alderney Angling [same applies re VAT free tackle]

He only had accomadation available on the Friday night, I have booked all 6 spaces that he had available [for B and B] in case members need it [only 2 of those will be required by my crew]

I am awaiting a reply from emails sent ref other accomadation

Hope that helps

Charlie biggrin.gif

I'm already booked on Tiger Lily so at least one Weymouth boat will be there, but I expect there will be plenty more, with Bank Holiday and good tides coinciding. My trip was booked six months ago, long before Pbsbac dates were advised, and even then we took the last rooms where we are staying.

I will be there again if the trip is postponed........!

Ian

• 1 month later...

This trip must be loosing it's edge, its March and we only have 2 pages of posts!..... or are we all now sufficiantly aware of the weather constraints to avoid getting out hopes up!?!

I'm slowely getting JV up to scratch after a winter of little use and buying new tackle ready for the trip. Cant wait!

This trip must be loosing it's edge, its March and we only have 2 pages of posts!..... or are we all now sufficiantly aware of the weather constraints to avoid getting out hopes up!?!

I'm slowely getting JV up to scratch after a winter of little use and buying new tackle ready for the trip. Cant wait!

I am sure that I should phone Rachael [Or use Facebook] to let her know that it is not compulsory to have new tackle every year for turbot fishing.

We are all keen, just playing it cool [At the moment] :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Charlie