THE ALDERNEY Trip Planner

great white

Glad to hear you got back safe and sound.

Our own trip back was uneventful although we did manage to run out of fuel some 100 yards or so from our berth at Rockley ( so had to anchor to refuel smile.gif) A bit less economical in that wind !

I must say I am now well impressed with the handling of the MF695 it just breezed through those conditions..

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank everyone on the Alderney trip as this was my first time there.

As usual everyone was helpful with tips and suggestions which did make life easier.

The return jouney made us feel more comfortable as a group slowing plodding our way accross the channel and keeping in contact.

Also thanks for Tony for our medical advice on how to reduce the pain level for my skipper. wink.gif

A BIG thanks to John for inviting me along and sharing the excitement and enjoyment of the trip.

Dave

I want to add my thanks to everyone for supporting me and my bad back, and specifically to Dave for doing ALL of the work around the boat, and for helping me in and out of the water taxi, putting up with my moaning with good grace. Also thanks to Charlie for the excellent fishing tips. and to Tony for medical advice which helped to keep me going.

An amazing trip for me, I have learned a lot about the boat and about me, I now know that the boat can be trusted even when conditions are very bad, such as in the Swinge, when waves came up over the wheelhouse and rearranged all of the contents of the boat, even filling Dave's closed tackle box with water.

Great fun fishing new ground, learned how to judge a drift correctly (to my own amazement).

Found out that it is almost impossible to get in and out of a dinghy with a bad back, but I know that I will always remember this trip, even if I go back lots of times more.

John

Edited by wotu2uk

We made portland fine at about two, crossing was tiring but doable. Was a great first time trip and thanks for Everyone who offered help and advice, all the radio chat on the way back was a good distraction from boredom and a reasurance we werent alone

Anyway thanks too every one who made it a great weekend

Matt(peters long suffering son)

Glad to hear that Matt & Peter We did try calling you a time or two after you left us but you must have either been out of radio range or fallen asleep laugh.gif probably not the last suggestion sick.gif

Martin

We made portland fine at about two, crossing was tiring but doable. Was a great first time trip and thanks for Everyone who offered help and advice, all the radio chat on the way back was a good distraction from boredom and a reasurance we werent alone

Glad to hear that Matt & Peter We did try calling you a time or two after you left us but you must have either been out of radio range or fallen asleep laugh.gif probably not the last suggestion sick.gif

Martin

I managed a few hours kip Martin!!!!

Must be Adam's smooth driving

smile.gif

Martin

I managed a few hours kip Martin!!!!

Must be Adam's smooth driving

smile.gif

You must of had your washing line with you tongue.gif

Martin