THE ALDERNEY Trip Planner

great white

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Martin you are right I was just thinking of swinging down your way a bit making or journey a bit longer but safer in company - looking out of the window the wind seems to be dying here so let's hope !!

Peter

I can not believe that I am up an hour before my alarm goes off and a day early just to check weather sites again.

Peter PM me your email address and I will forward you some info passed to other crews and a probable RV mid channel

several of us are leaving Poole at about 7, so in good weather would be there at about 0900-0930 depending if we stop for bait.

Or give me a call later 07887 794716

Charlie

Me too - up at 6 to check!

I'll make and confirm my final call at lunchtime, but amn hopeful of going.

My crew are meetign at 6am and we aim to be leaving the mooring around 6.30am for an RV around the fuel barge with Alfresco, Abode and WM.

If those who cant get goign early want a weather report from the channel just shout us up on ch6.

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Looks like we are on!!!

3s to 4s are doable. A bit lumpy, but ok.

Unless something drastic changes our plan is as follows:

1) Terry heads over with the crew of AWOL tomorrow morning

2) Greg heads up from Eastbourne tomorrow afternoon

3) I join Greg at Sparks Marina, Hayling Island, and then have a late evening crossing into dark, arriving Bray sometime around 22.00 or a little after.

Friday and Saturday on the banks and a gentle trip back on Sunday arriving late afternoon.

For those sleeping aboard... sorry if we wake you with our arrival tomorrow evening! biggrin.gif

Charlie

Going back to the mooring "solo" late at night is not something I was planning on doing unless we are too late to get Greg on the water taxi back.

However, if I can simply come alongside Alfresco for night one (fenders nice and high) and there was the lure of a bacon sandwich for breakfast then I could be persuaded to hang around the wall after dropping Greg to head to his B&B...

I'll give you a bell around 07.00 tomorrow for a final weather report and then again on arrival Braye to see what state you are in!

Edited by TomBettle

Got home from work yesterday ( day early ).

Called Tony - trip is on smile.gif

Loaded up boat with food and beer and then found some space for the tackle smile.gif

Watched AWOL being lifted on the fork lift ( then the fork lift broke - but got working again as we left ).

Stopped at Tesco on way back for some more food and drink so all ready for tomorrow now. Bring it on smile.gif