"AWOL" engine problems

Maverick Martin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for your good wishes they were very much appreciated. I would also like to thank all those that offered me places on their boats, this is truly a great and friendly club and I for one feel privileged to be a part of it.

Mermaid emailed and phoned me today confirming the engine had indeed arrived and that fitting would be going ahead as planned on Monday cool.gif PMS have confirmed that fitting of the outdrive will take place on Wednesday cool.gifcool.gif and sea trials are confirmed for Thursday cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

To say I am getting excited is an understatement. This is the longest I have been boatless for about 20 years and it aint funny sick.gif Also after missing one opportunity to go to Alderney this year (April bank hols) it looks like I may be able to make Friday's foray, fingers and everything else crossed smile.gif

Martin

Well because of the weather the engine went in Tuesday and not Monday. PMS went to fit the outdrive today and couldn't get it all lined up ohmy.gif After a few frantic phone calls we now have both Mermaid and PMS going to the boat tomorrow (Thursday) with Mermaid saying their engineer is instructed not to leave until its all fitted and working.

Straight after that sea trials unsure.gif

Talk about cutting it fine for Alderney blink.gif

Martin

Straight after that sea trials unsure.gif

Talk about cutting it fine for Alderney blink.gif

Martin

I don't know Martin - a good run over to Alderney and back sounds like a pretty good sea trial to me! biggrin.gif

Hope you can go and have a great time.

Martyn

Yo! Martin RESULT !!!! ohmy.gif

I've heard of scheduling "Just In Time" deliveries but this takes the biscuit rolleyes.gif

Hope you have a great trip with loads of good fishing

Best Wishes to all the guys on all the boats on the Alderney Expedition

Peteg