Poole quay parking

Tarlach.

I'm after some advice please. Ive got a couple of charter trips booked out of pooole quay, but my van is too big for the multi storey car park. Is there anywhere near by that I can safely leave my van for 24hrs?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an open ground car park on the quay down towards the lifting bridge, and the Thistle Hotel used to allow parking behind at a charge.

Not sure what the height restrictions are though, or how big your van is.

The other option may be to call the Poole Quay Marina and see what they advise there visitors.

Where are you sleeping? or is it an overnight charter?

If it’s your work van probably safer to leave at a members house, more than welcome to leave at mine and I’ll drop and pick u up
Only 4 miles away
Nigel

Nigel, that is a very kind offer for parking on your drive. I have a fiat ducato, so not a small van. If it's not going to be in your way then I'd love to take up that offer. However, I'm happy to get a taxi from your house as a lift is an ask too far!!

There is an open ground car park on the quay down towards the lifting bridge, and the Thistle Hotel used to allow parking behind at a charge.

Not sure what the height restrictions are though, or how big your van is.

The other option may be to call the Poole Quay Marina and see what they advise there visitors.

Where are you sleeping? or is it an overnight charter?

Thanks Charlie, I will be staying at the quayside b&b. My van is quite large with ladders etc on the roof hence the clearance issues.

Nigel, that is a very kind offer for parking on your drive. I have a fiat ducato, so not a small van. If it's not going to be in your way then I'd love to take up that offer. However, I'm happy to get a taxi from your house as a lift is an ask too far!!

Not a problem mate,big drive fits my 4.5ton camper up to the garage.Can park 8 to 10 cars and have cctv.You won’t need a taxi if I’m home

Hi Neil, I parked at the thistle Hotel opposite last week when doing a charter trip, my motorhome will be taller than any van, I had no prob parking at 8.00 am, no height restrictions, go in and to the right wil be best for room, can pay by app but I think it easier to pay at the meter( 40 yds) in cash. £10  for day £15 for 24 hrs I did its quick. Hope this helps Niel👍

Seriously though, thanks for the offer. As Nigel came in first I will take him up on the parking space though.
Nigel, I will try to get to the next meeting, if not I will PM you for your address if that's ok?

The car park next to Force 4 has a 2m height restriction.

Well I'm not going to fit there then.
With my roof ladder I'm looking at around 2.5m minimum.
Which is actually most inconvenient. Especially when I wish to go beach fishing. It's surprising how many height restriction barriers have cropped up on beach front car parks around my way.
I guess it's to stop the overnighting of motor home owners and gypsies.

although you dont need it due to the fantastic offers from Nigel and Martin. For anyone else, the car park behind the Thistle Hotel has no height restrictions and the one right next to the Twin sails is very cheap and also has no height restrictions. 

Both are able to park 24 hours although I personally would prefer the Twin Sails one if you're not actually staying in the van over night. Its much more open with no dark and dinjy corners for scumbags to hide. 

Beware the Thistle car park and I speak from experience. Do not over stay even for a second, you will be charged £60 minimum and the appeals process is unlikely to succeed unless you have a cast iron case. You can't call them to discuss, the phone number they give is for automated payment only.

Time starts from when you enter the car park until you leave, all vehicles are photographed.

What happened to me is: I entered the car park, downloaded the app, paid on the app (this took 6 minutes), I checked the leaving time and left just before the leaving time. I was fined! I hadn't taken into account all the faffing around downloading the app. Thus I had over stayed based on total time in the car park, I should have deducted from the leaving time the time between entering the car park and confirmation of paying on the app. I would suggest an easy thing to do.