COD

gjb

Thanks Graham for your kind offer of a lift out tomorrow. Hope we can do as well as several Club Members did today.

Allan.

"Better" ho dear I've said it now well fingers crossed and a lot luck and your more than welcome Allan see you in the morning

graham

if we don't catch I will get 20lb of cod from Tesco's so you may see fillets on line not whole cod :)  :) 

Same sorta day for as us really.....except no cod  !!

Loads of whiting , doggies, conger bite off's, but what a lovely day at the car park, there was a SPITFIRE doing acrobatics on the other side of the needles so that entertained us.

Left at 2.30 running parallel to a " Border Force " boat until we hit the fog about 2 miles out, bloody horrible coming into and through the harbour with no radar !!!  Fog cleared as we crept into Holes Bay but really came down once we got moored.

Christmas list..............radar wanted !!!!! :)  :)

Cosidering we didn't escape from under the New Bridge until 10. 45 am. due to the Operator's Cameras not showing him the Bridge and traffic clearly due to the dense fog, we had a really good , if very short day. Fishing time was probably less than 3 hours as we arrived late due to the Bridge and we arrived over slack.

There were plenty of bites from the off from whiting and pout and a few doggies, but nothing special. The on board catering was first rate and far exceeded that of Fisheagle. The starter was M and S Finest Vegetable Soup with wholemeal bread, this was followed by a savoury sausage plait. By the time I had finished the next item, mamely a triple layered, cured wiltshire bacon cob, I couldn't manage my own sandwhiches which were eaten for lunch today.Graham was a perfect host and the banter and hot drinks flowed freely.

Given the boat's radar, ais which both transmits and receives and well marked tracks on his modern plotter, the fog on our return leg was an inconvenience rather than a real problem. A quick radio call to the Ferry to ascertain its location saw us entering the harbour. Certainly, Graham's detailed knowledge of the harbour, even in dense fog was very reassuring. Chris, who crews with him, took care of all the little jobs in a well drilled manner. Aerials, fenders, ropes, was down etc. were all taken care of. The only real thing I had to do was to get a trolley on our return. Many thanks Graham for a very enjoyable trip.

Cosidering we didn't escape from under the New Bridge until 10. 45 am. due to the Operator's Cameras not showing him the Bridge and traffic clearly due to the dense fog, we had a really good , if very short day. Fishing time was probably less than 3 hours as we arrived late due to the Bridge and we arrived over slack.

There were plenty of bites from the off from whiting and pout and a few doggies, but nothing special. The on board catering was first rate and far exceeded that of Fisheagle. The starter was M and S Finest Vegetable Soup with wholemeal bread, this was followed by a savoury sausage plait. By the time I had finished the next item, mamely a triple layered, cured wiltshire bacon cob, I couldn't manage my own sandwhiches which were eaten for lunch today.Graham was a perfect host and the banter and hot drinks flowed freely.

Given the boat's radar, ais which both transmits and receives and well marked tracks on his modern plotter, the fog on our return leg was an inconvenience rather than a real problem. A quick radio call to the Ferry to ascertain its location saw us entering the harbour. Certainly, Graham's detailed knowledge of the harbour, even in dense fog was very reassuring. Chris, who crews with him, took care of all the little jobs in a well drilled manner. Aerials, fenders, ropes, was down etc. were all taken care of. The only real thing I had to do was to get a trolley on our return. Many thanks Graham for a very enjoyable trip.

pleased to see you took note of how to look after your crew in time for the flounder comp, could I have mushroom soup to start , and then maybe a turkey and mince pies for lunch.i'll catch the flounders for you.

What a great day (although short due to weather conditions) we had. It was theFirst time that I had met Allen and being a novice I was hoping to pick up some good cod catching tips and looking at Allan's rigs and three course banquet that he slowly dropped over the side I thought possibly I should be aiming slightly higher with my estimation of what I should be hoping to catch, but having every faith in my skipper Graham I dropped my single squid over the side and after a few attempts it was on. COD said Graham Conger said Allan I didn't have a clue I thought I'd hooked the bottom of the boat but after a short hard wind it was on board, my first cod. We tried for another hour but only a few doggies and a couple of whiting but well worth the effort, I've been with Graham for a while now and if any body ever gets the chance to come out with us grab it you will always go home with a full stomach and very rarely do we have a total blank. Great boat Great skipper and a joy to fish with. Cheers Allan really nice to have fished along side you

Chris B