Trip Sunday

Maverick Martin

Well that turned out better than expected when I checked the forecast last night and this morrning.

Going past the ferry there was a fair bit of swell and breeze, which eased as we crossed the bay towards the piers.

Target was a few flatties and first drift Will had two plaice.

After that fishing was a bit tough, we moved further East catching plenty of gurnard of two species and a dab.

As the tide eased, the breeze dropped and tha sun shone.

Back to the piers and a few more spotted target fish.

Nice day with Sam and Will

9 plaice and a dab will not set the world alight, but it was fun and perhaps we will do more of that next season.

Thanks for the company guys, great breakfast rolls by Sam and Wills famous lasagne and peas for lunch. Good going on a day when I thought we may get beaten by the weather

Well done Charlie and crew, myself and number 1 crew Jacob came down last night for an early start.

The wind was blowing hard all night so not to early a start so had a bash with the mullet for an hour, that was hard going 6 to 10 chasing the bait but no takes.

Rich and Emma turns up and couldn't believe the amount of fish there, with that the brave one took the bait Jacob shouts fish on I grabbed the net and bingo first mullet of the season, and all this with a live audience.

After all that fun we set of down harbour no speed limits the bath boys ripping up the harbour at 20 knots. sweet

Popped out through the chain link and boy there were some unsettled water.

about turn to the castle bang wrasse up to 3 lb then moved up harbour for some long drifts, there are shoals of bass around at a pound a piece we must of had 30 plus then the herring made an appearance

Jacob bagged up with the beauty's we must of had two dozen, plus lots of scad and a loan gilt head first time I've ever seen or caught one, come to that I've never caught herring before.

After a crap forecast the day shone for us, a couple of happy chap's

Our day was similar to Charlie's.  We set out on the 8:30 bridge and headed out the harbour with no set plans.  Decided it was to sloppy to go offshore so headed down towards Southbourne.  Passed Charlie off of Boscombe pier and kept going down to double dykes.  First drop a plaice we ended up with about 10 but all small.  Charlie joined us after a couple of hours but all went quite for an hour or so then like a tap the Gurnard switched on but no more plaice.  We went over to the end of the swash for the last hour and had doggies and a smooth hound.

Came in for the 4:30 bridge.  As the weather had settled down a little we used the fly bridge coming in what a difference in outlook I lke it a lot.

Well done all who got out and caught - especially Jacob who seems to be on a roll!

Carol and I checked forecasts, watched the local trees in dead calm went down, ready for the 9.30 Bridge, and saw the flags at Cobb's horizontal. Spent 10 minutes aboard, and decided to give it a miss. Got home, and it was calm again. I hate Easterlies.