Species Comp 2023 June 10th-11th

jerry.shutter

Hi All what a great day on the water with Norman and his Son Dave (Not in the comp) Dave had 4 species that did include the only Red Gurnard on my Babby.

Norman had 5 Species Dogfish, Pout, Bream, Ballan and baillon's , 

Me 13 Species Spotted Ray, Dogfish, Conger, Tope, Mackerel, Pout, Goldsinny, Poor Cod, Baillon's, Bream, Goby, Corkwing, and Rock Cook. All in all a great day I owe Dave  a drink as he shouted just as my Tubertini was going over the side with the tope, that will teach me not show Norman how to rig up for Tope.     

Well what a great fishing day that was. I was the only person fishing as Brad was doing the go pro and Carol was taking the still photos and galley maid!! (With regards to the photos seems like I was the only one to get the memo!!!)

Brad will be compiling a You Tube of the day which will be uploaded to the club's website when done (hopefully)

I caught a total of 38 fish on the day (Carol was also fish recorder!!!) However, I only had a total of 8 species. If the day was about catching fish for the table then I would of had a bumper feast. Bass of 3 lbs 46 cm long, 2lb Black Bream and a plump plaice which I did not weigh approx 2 lb ish. However, in the spirit of the day I put all the fish back (including the plaice). (Oh except for the mackerel which were lethal for Tope Bait)

Species Caught:

Dogfish

Black Bream

Mackerel

Tope

Ballan Wrasse

Pout

Bass

Plaice

The highlight of the day had to be the Tope out on the Spoil. We were inundated by the Tope probably because of the abundance of Mackerel. Mackerel were caught on every drop. Even my 3 hook feathers were full on one drop. 

Same with the Tope, they would not leave us alone as I was trying for a Conger and Undulate. I was even catching them on squid. They were feisty buggers but really great sport.

Plaice 11 06 23.png

Dogfish 1 06 23.jpg

Black Bream 11 06 23.jpg

Mackerel 11 06 23.jpg

Tope 11 06 23.jpg

Ballan Wrasse 11 06 23.jpg

Bass 11 06 23.jpg

Pout 11 06 23.jpg

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone has now posted. 

Loobie 1V had a great day all round, the what should be easy fish turned impossible, and some tricky ones proved easy!!

Jerry S

Plaice

Tompot

Cuckoo Wrasse

Bream

Baillons Wrasse

Corkwing Wrasse

Red Mullet

Goldsinney Wrasse

LSD

Tope

Conger

Pollock

Pout.  

Mackerel  14 species

Stuie

Goldsinney Wrasse

Pout

Conger

Bream

Goby

Smoothound

LSD

Blonde Ray

Bass

Red Gurnard

Corkwing Wrasse.  11 species

Jerry Sumbler

Baillons Wrasse

Goldsinney

Pout

Bream

Tompot

LSD

Conger

Mackerel

Blonde Ray

Corkwing 10 species

Photos not down loading😡😡😡😡

We had this miss fortune to go out Sunday and the squall in the afternoon made it lumpy.

However

Mal.                          Trevor. Mackerel, wrasse, lsd, conger, bream, 

Mullet

pout

lsd

bream

mackerel

Ballan wrasse

The weather was such a disappointment Sunday I was grumpy, so my wife sent me out today and I had a cracking day. Two close passes by a large pod of dolphins, must have been 30 at least. I managed some nice Thornies today best 12 lb several more smallest 8lb. Some small tope. Loads of big mackerel and pollack. Lots of eruptions in the water today and I left my grumpy mood out there as well, happy wife happy life.

D14C0949-DF31-4945-9453-DE95751A72FB.JPG

Yeah that will be last plaice  for Gummage but we had a great day1827EF2A-4943-4AB6-8FBA-AF14E0CD6D95.thumb.jpeg.4ab4fd0cb53a5919692c83cd2a1cb6bf.jpegDaughter Lou haled an enchanting rock (her first) followed by a crab and then had a tussle with something lively, well never know what.

Her boyfriend James discovered a secret wrasse mark!3C6AACB7-1498-4E9F-8B7E-94BD3D94B1BE.thumb.jpeg.d6d691073e877167d5ce185a0702de27.jpegIs it a Ballan? What is the deciding feature.?

After some unsuccess off Ballard we tried drifting the ledge off durleston. Lou and James caught mackerel there and one red gurnard. 
live baiting gave me the thrill of a big fish on! Six foot from the boat I saw a flash of silver and then itpower dived and spat the bait out unharmed except for suspected PTSD. 

Went to 5px50s planning to deploy our secret weapon . Mr ricks had given us some of his trout offal chum. With the tide moving hard we spent a fruitless hour there. 

Tried to do it again close in at Ballard and dissapointingly had no bites .

A drift further out  and a few in the swash all blanked.

Final thoughts… get rid of all the rusty hooks.

13 hours ago, jerry.shutter said:

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone has now posted. 

Loobie 1V had a great day all round, the what should be easy fish turned impossible, and some tricky ones proved easy!!

Jerry S

Plaice

Tompot

Cuckoo Wrasse

Bream

Baillons Wrasse

Corkwing Wrasse

Red Mullet

Goldsinney Wrasse

LSD

Tope

Conger

Pollock

Pout.  

Mackerel  14 species

Stuie

Goldsinney Wrasse

Pout

Conger

Bream

Goby

Smoothound

LSD

Blonde Ray

Bass

Red Gurnard

Corkwing Wrasse.  11 species

Jerry Sumbler

Baillons Wrasse

Goldsinney

Pout

Bream

Tompot

LSD

Conger

Mackerel

Blonde Ray

Corkwing 10 species

Photos not down loading😡😡😡😡

Well done guys, looks like you had the hang of this one Jerry

Results Species Competition June 2023

1st  Jerry Shutter   14 species

2nd Dave Wilson     13 species

3rd Stuart Cooper    11 species

4th  Jerry Sumbler    10 Species

Next Comp is the specimen Comp 22-23 July

Juniors to have a Species Comp throughout July with a day Comp on the 20th August, more details to follow.