2022 Species Competition 18-19th June

jerry.shutter

The results today from Marlin:-

Greg T - Black Goby, Pout, Ballan Wrasse, Plaice, Conger Eel, LSD, Tope = 7 Species

Mike Fox - Corkwing Wrasse, Black Bream, Black Goby, Pout, Goldsinny Wrasse, Bailions Wrasse,  Whiting, Cuckoo Wrasse, Plaice,Tub Gurnard, Conger Eel, LSD, Tope = 13 Species.

Having not fished a species comp for over three years it was frustrating how out of touch I was today with my fishing. Also, it was hard going as the wind picked up a lot more than forecasted. We could not catch Mackerel for love nor money which was both frustrating and quite disturbing, also, disappointing not to have any Rays on board too. However, one bonus of the day was having Mike on board to get some good tips on bait and rig preparations and he helped out greatly with the crewing. Thanks Mike for all your help (especially getting drenched by the rain on the last pull of the hook !!!!).

Cheers mate.

Firstly a very big thank you to Martin, a very enjoyable day good company, coffee good fishing, I and learnt a lot, particularly impressed at the end of the day with Martin berthing Madness without using the helm. Oh yes and there was some fishing earlier, I had two big bight offs, not sure if they were makos or porbeagles heavily disguised as tope, however started well with mackerel in the harbour and managed some plaice and and an lsd and then it fell away, so a total of 3. Great fun  I want to do it again next week 😀 

Apologies I am away struggling to catch trout on Wimbleball.

I hope the crew will put a report in, but in short Jerry had 10 species, Stuie had 8 species and the biggest fish (Tope 30lbs) and Dave Wilson had 10 species also, if all other boats could post there catch reports results will follow.

Nice day with a slightly inaccurate weather forecast.

I caught 20 species on Fisheagle. Bit disappointed that no Mackeral and only one Ray. Weather really didn't play ball in the afternoon. Have tried to put up a few species for the Annual 2022 Individual Species Comp. but being told I cannot access. Boat Section is OK. Anyone else having problems.

Species Comp 2022

First Alan Green  20 Species  Fisheagle

Second Mike Fox   13 Species. Marlin

Third Chris Witheford 11 Species. Kingfisher

Well done everyone who took part when we finally managed to run the Competition 

The flatfish Competition will be re scheduled this month if the weather plays ball. The Ray Competition we hope will be 6-7th August.

Scorpion Fish x2, Blenny x2, Pollack x2, Bass x2, Plaice x5, Tub Gurnard x2, Red Gurnard x1, Black Bream x6, Scad x2, Dogfish x5, Conger x2, Poor Cod x2, Goldsinny x6, Pouting x6, Cuckoo Wrasse x1, Ballan Wrasse x2, Smoothound x1, Small Eyed x1, Goby x1, Corkwing x1.