2022 Species Competition 18-19th June

jerry.shutter

Species Competition this weekend is cancelled.

Unfortunately the weather is deteriorating rather than improving, we will postpone until 2nd and 3rd July, if we can hold it then, but if the weather is against us, we will perhaps, if weed allows just hold it in the harbour.

Good call Jerry,

Brad and myself were looking to take part this weekend but have been put off by the weather forecast.

I would not be against holding the comp in the harbour. It will put everyone on a level pegging including the smaller boats (kayak) who will be able to compete. 

To be able to win this comp (if held in club waters) you need to travel a few distances to catch the variety of species to compete. I wonder if due to the current fuel cost, this may be a contributing factor why there is not the interest in the number of boats entering this comp as it will be quite expensive on fuel?

The obvious problem to restricting the comp to the Harbour is the members who birth in the east of the club waters. However, as this is an individual comp then members at this end of the bay may be able to offer them a place on their boats.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Greg

It's a fair old trek for me to get to Poole harbour to fish.
Good job I can't do either dates.
I do think however that special dispensation for future comps should be given to members who do not live or moor their boats in Poole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neil,

If you look at the Competition rules, unfortunately if you are on a working charter boat with other paying anglers you cannot enter the Competition. 

You can however enter on the Sunday on your boat. Let’s hope the weather plays ball.

I stand corrected if I have mis read or not understood the ruling.

Jerry

Hi Neil,

If you look at the Competition rules, unfortunately if you are on a working charter boat with other paying anglers you cannot enter the Competition. 
You can however enter on the Sunday on your boat. Let’s hope the weather plays ball.
I stand corrected if I have mis read or not understood the ruling.

Jerry

Ok Jerry, that'll be us out then.
Sundays no good for us as it's my wedding anniversary, I managed to forget last year but got away with it. Two years in a row though probably won't go down too well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jerry, wondering if changing this to a BOAT instead of individual comp. might have better interest.?

The skipper would then be able to participate more instead of doing all the work and not being able to fish certain areas.

Just a thought.

Mick

1 hour ago, jerry.shutter said:

Hi Mick,

Thankyou for your thoughts, what do others think?

Jerry

My thoughts are, we already have a boat species competition running throughout the season and this one gives non boat owning members who enjoy this type of fishing a chance to play and compete.

Terry.

10 minutes ago, plaicemat said:

My thoughts are, we already have a boat species competition running throughout the season and this one gives non boat owning members who enjoy this type of fishing a chance to play and compete.

Terry.

We also have an individual one too, and the members you talk about can still join in if they want to.

Missed that one, I would have thought it would have been more popular. Mind you, the anglers who go for the boat contest will obviously have more chance(s) of winning, perhaps that's the reason.

Terry.

Hey folks, am aware not many have registered yet.

I'd still love to fish this comp, as crew on another member's boat.

If anyone has a space this weekend, i'll be happy to help with fuel and bait, adding to boat species counts, local knowledge, etc.

Last attempt to run the the Species Competition 2022

This weekend Saturday looks unsettled but Sunday looks very fishable, 

so rather than waiting for a two day window after so many postponements, the Competition will run Sunday July 3rd, I hope a few people manage to make the date.

Obviously use your own discretion as skipper for the weather on the day.

Safety First

Usual process to sign in.

Tight Lines

Jerry