Workshop clear out

jerry.shutter

Hi guys,

Started clearing my workshop after years of hoarding and being given things.

I will try and say condition etc, the electric bike must be worth a bit and I would like to get something for this which I will donate directly to NHS.

On eBay last week there were 2 exactly the same not working which both went for over £500. I do not expect anything like that. It was my brother in laws who never rode it, (plastic still on handle bars) flat battery and tyres.

The router is Jim’s if he’d still like it, the Kangol drill runs but has a problem, lots of drill bits etc, BD old drill works fine, also a mitre hand saw no picture. Donations to Nigel for HOW at the next meeting!! 

More stuff to come, prefer bike collected but for a pint I could be persuaded to drop at Cobbs😜

All is used and just needs use and a good home!!

pm for more info.

Jerry

62B00E71-36FE-4586-9B0F-374F9B77146E.jpeg

6D4CB8F9-041E-4183-BBA5-3465855331AC.jpeg

0F909FA7-36F5-4A54-BA6E-C2D48D580CBC.jpeg

87228894-6D34-4B19-8F58-4DD32A3EC60A.jpeg

C89E830B-839E-4CFC-8154-27120B0CB975.jpeg

6F46B240-B17C-428D-9733-8463F0F6EE67.jpeg

Hi Jim,

No problem re router.You need to do some homework on the bike, the battery replacement is very roughly £200. If it’s just that and tyres, it would be a cheap e bike.

If you would give £50-100 to NHS that would be fine.

I looked at it as a project and was put off by the battery price?

Let me know👍

Hi Jerry,    I would be interested, does it need new tryers?   i presume so,  looked on tinternet could not see size of.   As  shops seem to be shut  difficult to gain knowledge.    may be you could print details of tyres and or potentially availability? i guess this is an obsolete model but would think tryes could be obtained.    Or just size and make,   and one of our "furlonged" clubmates could research availabiliyy for you .      If someone does come up trumps i will pledge a fiver to our club H  O  W   fund.             Thanks Colin..

Hi Chris,

router is yours, you might need a low loader😜

Colin, I will endeavour to get the tyre sizes but feel 101% certain tyres will not be a problem or mega expense, it’s the battery which is so expensive. 

It’s not going anywhere fast, I did find two on EBay but don’t think they are made now regards spares.

48 minutes ago, jerry.shutter said:

Hi Chris,

router is yours, you might need a low loader😜

Colin, I will endeavour to get the tyre sizes but feel 101% certain tyres will not be a problem or mega expense, it’s the battery which is so expensive. 

It’s not going anywhere fast, I did find two on EBay but don’t think they are made now regards spares.

From my research, it is an early'ish bike and I have found several suitable batteries, all around the £200 mark. The big choice, price wise, is the amp hour rating, generally around 10 but, obviously, the higher the rating, the more miles you're going to get per charge. 36v, 250w and 8 - 10 amp hours will give you around 20-22 miles. Perhaps Jerry could have a look at the battery and get the rating off it. Although an early model, it would make a sturdy run around and if you're handy, you can bypass the limiting controls and fit a throttle, thus doing away with the need to peddle at all. 😉

Terry.

Hi Terry

They are normally a 36v 10amp battery, if Jerry does not have the original charger you may need a special charger depending on what type of batteries are in the pack, get the wrong one and it could literally go up in smoke and flames!

I don’t have the original charger, I bought one on fleabay after much research, it did nothing but seemed to function correctly. As I said the bike had sat unused for 5 years with me and could of be 2-3 years or more unused with my brother in law. I decided the battery would of died after this time of no use? 

I am happy for some one to take the bike on, if they get success, a donation to the NHS if not find it a good home!!!

547A8DC5-7845-472D-BB03-076BEA613232.jpeg

9 hours ago, Coddy said:

Hi Terry

They are normally a 36v 10amp battery, if Jerry does not have the original charger you may need a special charger depending on what type of batteries are in the pack, get the wrong one and it could literally go up in smoke and flames!

Dave, a lot of them seem to come with a charger or as an extra. probably a wise choice as they may not be the same as the original.

Terry.

Hi Jerry,   Think your probably right about tyres, should not be to hard to get sorted , battery not so easy at the moment, there is a shop  near me but cant get phone answered till monday,    I will take a gamble and offer £100 if you want to take it let me me know, i would sort from there with you thanks,             Colin

Hi Colin,

If your offer still stands, it’s yours. We will sort when this madness sorts, many thanks from NHS.

Jerry

I love the generosity but please remember the NHS isn’t and shouldn’t be a charity. Julia’s house is on the verge of collapse as most charity’s funding has fallen off a cliff. I’m not telling you where to give your donation but a local charity would appreciate it far more.

Hi Lofty,

I totally agree, we do a charity clay shoot for JH every other year, an incredibly worthwhile cause. In times like these it is very difficult to spread donations equally for so many good causes.

I think EVERY high street charity is in dire straights, let us hope we can support them all over time.

Jerry 

I believe Lofty the government have put aside £750 Million in assistance for such charities. 
Let's hope it used sensibly. My wife worked for the RNLI for 12 years, they are nothing but ruthless with money and being lean, with constant reviews of staff numbers somewhere in the organisation. Which is how it should be when you spend other people's donations/money. If only the public services were efficient and treated it as such.

As charities are concerned, they need to ensure the likes of the charities that are just businesses hiding behind the label are treated as deserved. Having spent some time in the HQ of UK Oxfam in Oxford, I was amazing at the plush building, number of sofas and "break out rooms"! Huge 15ft high posters of war and famine inside their 4 storey high glass atrium. Something very perverse. Plus, I was meeting with mostly contractors who had been working for them for months or even years! I'm sure they wouldn't be cheap (Yes I was there as a consultant/supplier but we did some fixed price work, got in and got out. Not cheap but worth it!!!!)

I'm sure they aren't the worst but spend 25% on admin / wages and NSPCC had previously spent 50%!

As you might tell, I choose my donation recipients carefully - go HOW!!!

R

Hi Lofty, It is with the greatest respect i feel i need to point out your unjustified, unqualified small minded, and inappropriate comments as to what charity an individual wishes to support. Seems in this case the generosity of one of our members is exemplary, already being a regular supporter of J  H,   it seems.   No doubt  like myself, other charities and good causes as well.                                                                                    Colin,       Hon  Rotarian,    Life  Hon.  Round Tabler,  and  Charity   Auctioneer.

Support whatever charity you like. My point is the NHS isn’t a charity. That’s all I’ve said.We all pay for the NHS. If it’s underfunded that’s down to bad governance. The UK public shouldn’t be propping it up with charity. If you start to look on it as a charity we are on a slippery slope. Please continue to support whatever charities you want.

Hi Guys,

I think everyone is feeling very raw and tense at the moment, I agree with everyone’s comments. Rob is so correct about wasted money within many major charities, there are a few I do NOT give to because such a huge amount is spent and wasted on wages, admin etc.

That said, I think the NHS is one of the worst offenders regards wasting money in certain areas.

I have chosen NHS because we have lost two family members to Corona Virus in the last 3 weeks, so very much at the front of my mind.

Lofty I agree whole heartedly regards the NHS not being a charity,  but I personally don’t think anyone could expect it to stand on its own feet dealing with this pandemic.

At this time we ALL have to just stick together, I fear the worst is yet to come regards the damage to business small and large. 

Keep smiling chaps, getting out on our boats surely must be getting closer.

Jerry

The attitude in Germany is quite different to here, they do not do a lot of home charity. Their answer is they pay taxes and therefore if charity is needed, there is a breakdown in the system which is then rectified. When you think of what some of the charities are set up for like child abuse, homelessness and families with not enough food, you have to wonder if they have a point.

Terry.