Alderney 2018

Steve S

Nice to see people genuinely excited, with lives being so full on nowadays it is good to get some good weather and planed trips going ahead, it all seems a little surreal. 

Mr V Excited also.

Now with my safety head on let us all help each other with navigation, fuelling up, mooring and general good seamanship that I know all the skippers and crew have. See you at the meeting tonight, I think I am lurgy free now otherwise I would stay away.

OH yes I forgot to mention the pink pinney will be having it's first outing of the year

Charlie, did Mainbrayce give any insight into their opening hours being a bank holiday weekend? Ideally we'd look to fuel up at some point Sunday afternoon/Early monday morning (tide permitting) but what with Sunday being Milk-a-Punch day I'm not sure there will be many sober people on the island!

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Charlie, did Mainbrayce give any insight into their opening hours being a bank holiday weekend? Ideally we'd look to fuel up at some point Sunday afternoon/Early monday morning (tide permitting) but what with Sunday being Milk-a-Punch day I'm not sure there will be many sober people on the island!

Just spoken with them - they are open all weekend from 8am but with the tides he reckons the latest we could get in for fuel on Sunday would be 2pm and the earliest Monday morning 10am.

Tigerfish - All change, after some quick replanning we are going Sunday 6th to Tuesday the 8th now with Alun and Terry on board!

The forecast for this weekend and a couple of days after is too good to pass up and the following weekend does not look very good (but could change) so we are going for it.

I bought a new smaller inflatable dinghy for Alderney toing and froing that I can carry on board rather than on the bathing platform. An Excel Volante 180, it was delivered today by none other than Tom Bettle! who now lives near me. Anyway Tom asked me to pass on his regards to everyone at the club; we had a quite a chat, he was saying he is really missing the fishing, from what I understand this new business venture is taking all his time currently.

Tom is now running www.tbmaritime.com 

tight lines guys, hope the fishing is as good as the weather.

would love to have joined in the fun but renovating a 1930's house is taking up all my time and i doubt a long weekend pass would have been granted. :grin:

hopefully next year i will be back onboard alfresco for one of the best trips of the year.

Sam.