Alderney 2018

Steve S

Hi all

just heard from Mark who admits he is a bit out of touch has been on the Florida Keys for past 5 weeks

Does not think that any charters have been yet, but it could start with a bump in May. hope that he is right.

No one selling tackle on Island, but he still has some sundance wrecking terminal gear and lures and baits available.. macs at £1.00 each

Bass restrictions are the same as ours

If he is back he will join us for drinks and updates in the pub

Has anyone talked to Mainbrayce about fuel , duty free and taxi?

13 hours ago, Maverick said:

As you have made contact with them in previous years it would be good if you could Charlie, known face and all that 

And if you could please mention the ones coming later in the week. Ta!

As usual Charlie, you will be welcomed with open arms ! Discounts will be applied as per usual and I have booked a heat wave with no wind. So make sure you pack your shorts and bring the sunscreen !

Kind regards,

Michael.

On 27 April 2018 at 10:19, Parkstone Yacht Club - Haven Manager <HavenMgr@parkstoneyc.co.uk> wrote:

Good morning Michael

I hope that all is well on the Island and you are settling down into the start of the Season. I could not get through on either phone so I hope that this gets to you.

As usual myself and many friends from the PBSBAC are looking forward to some trips across in our private boats, to enjoy the hospitality of the Island and the better fishing than we get here in Poole.

The first planned dates [5th May – 8th May] are now only 10 days away, when we hope to bring 5 boats and about 20 anglers across. This will of course depend on the weather , so could you please arrange for a spell of calm weather at the end of next week please. [ Joking of course but we have our fingers well crossed]

If the weather is against us, many will try again on other weekends.

You have always looked after us in the past with discounts on Fuel and the Water Taxi plus organising duty free for those that would like some. Would you be kind enough to repeat that again this year and if possible let me know what you are able to do, so that I can pass it on to my friends.

Best regards

Charlie Chapman CMM

Not a lot of detail on Silver Spray's monthly email which has just gone out but it does say at the top **Spaces left for Alderney in June and July, flattie fishing was good the first trip across this year**

Which is promising.