new boat

rich185

Hi guys iv been keeping a little bit of a secret, and that is im getting a new boat.

Its a shetland saker 185 cruiser ltd edition, shes 6.2m long, is a four berth, and has a yamaha 60hp on the back, both the boat and engine were made in 2002.

The normal saker was built between around 1986 to 1996 but shetland decided to rerelease around 12 limited editions in 2001 and 2002 and this is one of them.

I wanted to get the lastest model of the shetland family 4 for quite a while and then saw this one which is basically the same but bigger and has a hatch at the front for anchoring which is really handy.

I went to view her a couple of sundays back with emma and have just sold my 535 which i managed to do in just 2 days so im now ready to pick her up on sunday which we both cant wait for.

It doesnt come with a trailer so i managed to keep mine for the new boat

The boat and engine has had an easy life just going up and down the Norfolk broads.

Pictures to follow when i remember how to upload them.

Rich

Well done on the new craft

Hope all goes well on the delivery and you both start enjoying her soon.

Having the outboard on a pod will improve performance and economy so it looks a good choice

As Rob said will seem a shame to get fish over those seats but I am sure you will be shown how to fish by Emma as usual! :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Cheers for the comments guys :)

Rob, the trailer is all good now, iv just had to get some bigger wheels on it for the extra weight, other than that its good.

Dave, how does having the pod at the back help to improve performance and economy? i never knew that.

rich