Alderney 2 2012

great white

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right chaps, if that's everyone, all are accommodated.

The rest of you remember that Martin is looking for crew, which is unusual. So don't miss this opportunity of a trip to Alderney when the tubort are going better than anytime in the last nine years with a class skipper.

Terry.

Thanks again Terry for all you're work,put me and probably Ben in either Fleet house or Marks

Cheers Nigel

Sorry Nigel didn't see this .... tongue.gif

Yeh that will be fine terry if that's possible

Makes sense as we're on the same boat ... biggrin.gif

Cheers again

Ben

1 Crew member found so AWOL will be going to the ball cool.gif Possible room for one more crew member

Martin

Great news Martin

Sorry for all that can not make it on the second try. We never get as many if we cancell the first date.

I am sure you are all keeping your fingers crossed for us, that we get good weather.

there is always the 48hr weekend in June

Charlie biggrin.gif

Well done lads

I am envious because I cannot join you

But I will be be going on holiday with my grand daughter for this first time

Have discussed the options for this being cancelled but subject to nuclear attack I will be going to centreparcs

Have a great time in Alderney and catch a few for me

Terry thanks for unravelling the accommodation arrangements and making it work

Best wishes

Tony

Terry,

I wont be going this second time arround...if there's anyone that can use my accom deposit if its not refundable then they are welcome...

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for the notification, Paul, I had assumed this was the case. Can't tell you about the deposits because I have been busier with making all the new arrangements. However, I will tackle it in due course; I would have thought the idea was that it is forfeit if we don't rebook and The Town House cannot do rooms for the full three nights of our trip so, therefore, I haven't been able to use them.

Terry.

The Moorings, now known as Reas Bistro since it's change of ownership, has asked if we could make our menu choices in advance. As there are only a couple of choices for pud and the starters don't look complicated, I assume just the main course would be a help. Could you please therefore note your choice and I will forward them as this will help ease the waiting time for us.

Saturday 26th May

Kiln Farm beef chilli con carne

Edited by plaicemat

Any idea of prices Terry?

Amazing place Alderney, you sometimes get a feeling that they would be much happier without visitors.

I have been there dozens of times working, and used to stay in the moorings most of the time, even as regular B and B customers we could never get an early breakfast at 7.30. Or one more beer at closing time. laugh.gif

Charlie

Uuumm the hill is starting to look more attractive now tongue.gif

Martin

Check back to the post, Charlie, I have amended it.

If others feel like Martin, by the way, let me know and I won't bother, makes no difference. I only found out the details because people said they wanted to go to the 'Moorings' on Saturday night. If it is generally felt that one night booked is enough and go freestyle for the other two, I'm good with that, one less thing to do.

Terry.

Thanks for all you hard work Terry, it is appreciated.

The dig was at some of the Islanders attitude, not you.

I will ask Dan when I see him [Not much now that he has a more serious girlfriend]

and the rest of my crew

I am very happy to go with the flow, just want to get there this time biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I am sure that I am not the only one starting to look at the weather again.

Good luck in greece Kev, will it be Euro or Drachma laugh.giflaugh.gif

Charlie

The Moorings, now known as Reas Bistro since it's change of ownership, has asked if we could make our menu choices in advance. As there are only a couple of choices for pud and the starters don't look complicated, I assume just the main course would be a help. Could you please therefore note your choice and I will forward them as this will help ease the waiting time for us.

Saturday 26th May

Kiln Farm beef chilli con carne