Alderney 2 2012

great white

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie......I'm only the crew, but will be doing some nudging soon !!

With Sunday and Mon to look forward to, we'll just have to think of a plan for Sat.

Yes.......an early start on Fri would be a good call if we can get there before the wind builds

Alun.

Nige - "Fever" starts 3 weeks before and ends a week to go, so we are now officially in "Frustration"!!!!!!!!!

weep.gifweep.gifweep.gif

Yes Rob ,

But Nige is chilling on a mediteranian Island, so has yet to reach the correct level of pre Alderney planning. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Bloody Weather

Adam that weather window has moved so many times, its like trying to pin a tail on a Donkey. [A live one running down hill]

If you want a laugh, go to metcheck and click on the 14 day forecast for BH14, It looks like we will all need a bucket of Factor 30 sun cream, and have to fit some air conditioning to keep us cool in the still airs.

Fat chance of that.

Charlie

Right.........it's now Wednesday and the forecast is holding steady for a windy weekend..then calm !!

Are there enough amongst us who can 'flex' to go later......... Sunday or Mon and have a few calm days seeking those flatties .....tides are also a bit smaller!

Alun.

Hi Guys

I have just come off the phone from Dave

We have talked through all the plans this week as you would expect. The best that we can see at the moment is to let it blow through and then go on Sunday. Mon, Tue.

I am waiting for an update from Nigel when he gets back to the UK

Dave and I probably need to work on Wed, but are willing to have a late return.

Terry you will get a call from Dave this morning.

Craig and Ashley are looking to see if they can arrange these dates, as is Dan

What are the other crews able to do??

Charlie biggrin.gif

Just got back from two beautiful days in Bournemouth with friends, why couldn't it stay like that? Have spoken to Dave E and Greg and the latter can do Sunday to Tuesday, so I'm alright Jack; don't know about the other crew member yet.

I will check accommodation although the natives might be getting a bit pi@@ed off! Can I fairly quickly know how many are likely to be able to make it please to lessen the bad news again.

Terry.

Nigel thinks that he may be very busy at work when he goes back tomorrow. In fact so busy that he may not be able to come.

He has accomadation booked ashore.

If anyone would like to take his place if he has to drop out , both on the boat and in the accomadation, please give me a call 07887 794716

Charlie