Kimmeridge 12.3.12

lofty

Looks like it was glorious and flat - did you plane all the way back in at full throttle \ WOT?

Does you fishing partner go by the name of Dick Strawbridge on screen? (I had to take a second look!)

Rob

Does you fishing partner go by the name of Dick Strawbridge on screen? (I had to take a second look!

??? Ken Clayton. An old school Poole angler. I'm sure lots on here know him.?Don't know your reference sorry unsure.gif

That track in the summer would offer excellent sport, and potentially big fish

Charlie

I'm already mulling over the idea of going in the summer to target Tope from St Albans head. I reckon if I can get a good slick running down towards the overfalls I might tempt something interesting out and on my hook. It will all rely on conditions though as I've only got myself to rely on and it can be very hairy there.

That track in the summer would offer excellent sport, and potentially big fish

Charlie

I'm already mulling over the idea of going in the summer to target Tope from St Albans head. I reckon if I can get a good slick running down towards the overfalls I might tempt something interesting out and on my hook. It will all rely on conditions though as I've only got myself to rely on and it can be very hairy there.

I am sure if you keep people informed on here Lofty there would be club boats likely to be fishing a similar area and we would obviously be happy to keep an eye and ear open for you.

Certainly I would be happy to be your safety/camera boat when you are bringing in something big and that offer still stands about dropping you and your yak over a ray mark during the summer where there are plenty of small tope and decent bass ready to take your bait (although I can rarely do week day trips).

Great piccies Lofty - and a smashing trip.

I'd advise strongly against going anywhere near the St. Aldheim's Head race until you've seen it first hand from a much bigger boat in moderate conditions such as a F4.

Frankly, it would be unfishable at best, and lethal at worst, and could easily blow up to that.

If you want a tow out to the Dolphin Sands from Boscombe or somewhere some time let me know, as there's pack tope often there.

Mike

I don't reckon I'd need to be much nearer than I was to get a slick out . There was also a ledge halfway between the bay and the head that made for "interesting" paddling even on that mill pond of a day. I wouldn't even attempt Kimmeridge unless there was a clear day with zero wind forecast or maybe a light northerly.force 4 keeps me at home or best in the harbour . That flounder comp was at best a 4 maybe 5 gusting 6 and that was horrible in the harbour.I'm totally up for tow / lift but remember my yaks nearly 5m long.

The comments above are why this is such a great club to belong to and the shared knowledge is priceless to this newbie . biggrin.gif

Sweet! mine is 4.85m so not a yak with an outboard yet!!!!

I would question how you would anchor around the big hole @ St Albans as it is pretty deep and a bit further out than you paddled for the GPS track!

Difficult enough buoying up an anchor in that depth let alone hand hauling!

p.s. it doesnt have to be windy @ St Albans to be nasty! Went though it with Charlie A a few years ago on JoJo and he moved from the seat in front of the helm to the back pretty quickly!!!! (we started humming the Hawaii 5 O sound track, then it went pretty quiet for a while!)

Rob blink.gif