Kimmeridge 12.3.12

lofty

Good safety advice on here

The deep holes are not the place for you

They are very exposed and when the tide hits the reef to rough. We have sat there in a 23 ft boat on a flooding tide on a calm sea, where we were was calm but we were looking at huge overfalls 100m away just past the edge of the reef.

I remember dreding the journey home. but it all calms down at slack water so we moved then.

I was refering earlier to the inner line in close, offer freeline livebaits for big bass

or lures for pollack and bass

In Close off dancing ledge is excellent bream fishing and we have had tope to 40lb and good rays there.

obviously you need excellent weather, neap tides and some safety cover

In Close off dancing ledge is excellent bream fishing and we have had tope to 40lb and good rays

That's the sort of info I can use.

I had lots of tope last year but none over 5 lb. A chum pulled a double on his yak and thats my aim As for anchoring in 240 feet of water.... laugh.gif No chance. I had the hook down in 60 feet but let out 200 . I use a big dive reel but do hand over hand it once it's free then reel in the slack once the hooks on board