Flounder comp

Brian

I intend to fish the flounder comp (weather permitting) but have a question.

What's the format?

I've heard conflicting info. regarding the weigh-in, is it at Baiter or Lake Pier, or ???? ? unsure.gif

I thought it was Lake Pier but others think Baiter.

Edited by Brian

With the weather looking a bit more promising for next weekend, it looks like our Flounder Comp should go ahead on due date......... and I'll be putting the hamper together this week.

As above....... a bit of confusion re format to get clear.

Previously, we've had the weigh-in at Baiter at about 4.00 - 4.30... giving us most of the [very] short day for fishing

On the kayak thread, they are talking about a couple of hours fishing and weigh-in at 2

How does that fit in with our comp.?

I don't mind if we meet at Baiter or Lake pier......but not that early. I'll be coming from Christchurch..........so not there before 4.

Alun.

Our club comp format will be as usual, start at 8am weigh in at 4pm the only change will be the weigh in is to be held at lake pier. Reason for this is that club gear ie scales etc will be at this venue.

Club Kayakers can enter the open comp and also weigh in their fish for the club comp

Hope that clarifies the matter but if there are any more questions please fire away

Martin

Serenity needs crew for the comp

must have extensive knowledge of Poole Harbour

call Tony on 07733101037 or e mail to fisherman1055@aol.com

Tony

Also like wine and carry out minor repairs laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Also has a winch so no broken backs

May not get there so quickly but as the little red book says ( mao)

it is better to travel safely than arrive!!

Tony

I hear that Prodigy is going to join in

As Alfresco is currently hiding in the big shed at work, she is ready to launch but could do with a bit more polishing.

I may blag a trip with Gary, Big Bob's old floundering partner [and he has a heater]

to see if I can remember how to catch some flounders.

Charlie biggrin.gif

As the comp is held in the harbour (either Xchurch or Poole - up to you) then the sheltered nature will allow us to fish it in most conditions - launching and retreaving will be the most hazardous I'd guess.

Most forecasts are giving a F5 during the day. I'd say if we start to see any F6 or more in the forecast I'll discuss with the Safety office / comittee and we may re-schedule.

Adam