Alderney 2012

plaicemat

I realise it's not really my shout as I have only passenger status but, as accommodation appears short around the time we would normally go (and it is, I've checked), should we be thinking about dates? As a help, if we went as per Charlie's suggestion (12th - 15th May), I have access to 8 beds if required. Obviously I can't hold them indefinitely so it would be in the interest of those in need of accommodation to make some plans.

What do people think?

Terry.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about 'too early' Terry ... in the last thread all the skippers that commented on Charlie's suggested dates did so positively.

personally, and I suspect others may be in the same position, the recent weather (all year!) seems to mock any concept of planning such a trip at all ohmy.gif , but I'm sure (hoping) it will all come together 'on the night' unsure.gif

Hi Terry

I think your move is good mate, biggrin.gif the tides suit those dates and the weather is a lottery whatever dates we pick.

From replies to my earlier thread the members seem to be as keen as ever to make our annual trip over in May,

This far ahead I can not be sure who would crew with me and therefore do not know what accomadation we need.

Perhaps you could pencil in two places for Alfresco crew.

I would think that at this sort of notice your contact on the Island will be happy to have bookings for the accomadation, what is their cancelation policy?

I am fairly sure that others like me will not be going unless the forecast is better than it was last year.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Sorry to keep bringing this up so early but, having checked various accommodation options, I am struggling to find rooms for the night of the 14th May. This would mean, at best, moving digs for the last night. Alternatively, I can get consecutive nights from the 11th - 14th May. Any thoughts please as there are more charters enquiring and things will only get worse.

Terry.

Hi Terry

i am going for a knee job sometime in the new year

as such i am not sure of the date and as much as I want to go to Alderney

I need a new knee more

so depending on recovery time I am praying i might be there

if i do go i will sleep on shore

so put me down for a possible maybe

best wishes

tony

• 4 weeks later...
My crew (Dean) needs to firm up dates now so he can book holiday time off work. Are we going along with the constraints of the accommodation ie 11th to 14th April? and if so which boats are likely to be going?

Martin

APRIL???

Assuming you mean the May dates I'm goin if (and when) the weather suits - and will probably have enough beer on board for even Dean!

Being a leap year I'm really hoping the weather will go back to what it was 4 years ago, and we can start planning again.

Sadly I wont be making the trip this year - gutted as it's become an annual pilgrimage for me, but I have good reasons - we are expecting a new arrival on May 15th, a brother or sister for Reuben.

Great news for us, but poor timing on my behalf!

JV of course is available to go but not sure what plans the other have and if they can manage without No.1 skipper! tongue.gif

I'm hoping things will settle down enough to enable me to do a 2 or 3 dayer to Cherbourg later in the summer, maybe July time.

Congratulations Adam & Family biggrin.gif

Concerning the trip, I too would possibly be interested in crewing as i doubt my fibreglass skip will be ready by then.

I seem to have got over my sea sickness problem but would still only be interested in making the trip in favourable conditions (I think most skippers have the same idea this year anyway).

Graham.

Edited by Graham Nash

1. "AWOL"

2. Wight Magic

3. Alfresco

4. Phaeton

5. Serenity (recovery dependant)

6. Free boys

7. That bloke from brighton who I will not mention in case of the jinx striking again

8. Abode Craig Ashley + ? favourable conditions only.

9. That bloke from eastbourne who dearn't plan anything so the jinx dont have the time to strike. (may be see 7 above for duplication?)

As usual we're keen (weather and wedding dependent!). Fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky - nothing in the diary yet!

1. "AWOL"

2. Wight Magic

3. Alfresco

4. Phaeton

5. Serenity (recovery dependant)

6. Free boys

7. That bloke from brighton who I will not mention in case of the jinx striking again

8. Abode Craig Ashley + ? favourable conditions only.

9. That bloke from eastbourne who dearn't plan anything so the jinx dont have the time to strike. (may be see 7 above for duplication?)

10. Sweet Chariot II