Alderney 2012

plaicemat

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rob might be sleeping on board. I'll be in a proper bed, and not with the bunnies!! blink.gif

ohmy.gif

I'll look after JV then! TBH - I will sleep on the way (waking only for wrecking) and whenever possible between marks! Those bow cusions at 18knts are just dandy!

If I can sleep on Gastronaught.....i can sleep anywhere.

Rob

I suspect i'll be made to skipper whilst dad sleeps on

the way across, im just hoping its smooth conditions!

On the positive front though my seat has been refitted so if we do come back in a 4-5 and a bit of 6 forecast i wont be sat straight on fibreglass!

3 1/2 months ish to go.........,.,

• 3 weeks later...

Below is the up to date of boats planning on going to Alderney this year.

Any others interested? and is there a list of crew that would like to go? if not start one now so the boats can make appropriate arrangements

1. "AWOL"

2.  Wight Magic

3.  Alfresco

4.  Phaeton

5.  Serenity (recovery dependant)

6.  Free boys

7.  That bloke from brighton who I will not mention in case of the jinx        striking again

8. Abode Craig Ashley + ? favourable conditions only.

9. That bloke from eastbourne who dearn't plan anything so the jinx dont have the time to strike. (may be see 7 above for duplication?)

10. Sweet Chariot II

11. Manta Ray

12. Joint Venture

I believe that 7 and 9 may be the same

My crew will be Dan, Gordon and Nigle, which will fill us up nicely, but leave a space in reserve for Sam, should the Navy change his ships program at the last minute to let him join us.

Bring it on [Oh and some nice calm weather]

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
If you are going to take your boat Kev let me know as im up for crewing ......

Or if not if anyone else is short of crew let me know wink.gif

Cheers Ben

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ben:

Don't tell anyone you can drink as much as you want without any effect.

The Bar Stewards might " Sabotage "you. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Jim

O/k chaps, it's that time again, who wants to eat where in Alderney. For the first night, I have spoken to a few people and none of those seem to want to eat at the Marais Hall on the first night. The concensus seems to be fish and chips or The Moorings by the Harbour. Let me know what you fancy and we can either leave that open or I can book places at The Moorings. Perhaps an alternative suggestion might be in order as we usually go to the Moorings on the second night. If everybody is happy, I will book our gala dinner for the Harbour Lights, as usual.

So, to summarise:

11th May free or The Moorings

12th May The Moorings

13th May Harbour Lights.

Make a list and put your preference for the first night. Presumably Charlie and Co. will be having an 'Alfresco' meal one of the evenings. tongue.gif

Terry.

Rob, the fish and chips option was not intended to be bookable so that would come under the 'evening free' option, then I only book for those who require it. I don't think there is anything else that doesn't require a hike up to the town but if anyone has an alternative suggestion for the first night, spark up.

Terry.