Alderney 2012

plaicemat

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reminder Guys [ I have been distracted by the Dinner Dance]

I have called them today and they will offer us the same discounts on Fuel and Taxi

Penny is going to give me the costs later, I will post them when I know.

If anything it should be about the same as last year for fuel 85p to 90p per ltr biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Good news for those of us that charge about a bit and use some juice, and it compares well with the 60/40 price we are currently using in the UK

Lets hope the weather improves

Charlie biggrin.gif

recieved this afternoon from Mainbrayce

Hi Charlie

Sorry we didn't get to the phone earlier but as you say it can pretty hectic at this time of year!

We are looking forward to seeing you all again and can offer you similar deals as to previous years. Our current diesel price is 98p per litre but I can offer the club 10p a litre off that so at current prices that would be 88p. As for the taxi I can again offer this service at a rate of

1. Tony D 1,4,9

2. Martin B 1,4,9

3. Craig 2,4,8

4.Ashley 2,4,8

5.Ben 2,4,9

6 Alun J. 3, 4, 8.

7 Peter 1,4,9

8 Rob F 3,4,9

9 Paul D 2,4,7

10 Steve S 2,4,7

11. Paul F 3, 4, 8

12, Duncan 2, 4, 9

13, Graham 3,4, 8

14, Greg 2,4,7.

15 Dave E 2,4,8

16 Paul Simmonds 3,4,8

17 Mark Sterne 1,4,8

18 kev 2,4,7

19 Nigel 3,4,8

20 Dean Burt 1,4,9

21 Matt 1,4,9

22 Gordon H 2,4,7

23 Charlie

24 Dan

25 Gordon M

26 Nick

27 Oli

28 Tim

29 Duncan (Sweet Chariot)

30 Bob

31 Terry 2,4,8

Manta Ray?

Silly me, forgot mine.

Terry.

Hi Terry

Not sure if you saw my previous post but as we have to leave on the Sunday we sadly won't be around for the dinner.

Oli

Sorry, missed that one Oli. Amended.

1. Tony D 1,4,9

2. Martin B 1,4,9

3. Craig 2,4,8

4.Ashley 2,4,8

5.Ben 2,4,9

6 Alun J. 3, 4, 8.

7 Peter 1,4,9

8 Rob F 3,4,9

9 Paul D 2,4,7

10 Steve S 2,4,7

11. Paul F 3, 4, 8

12, Duncan 2, 4, 9

13, Graham 3,4, 8

14, Greg 2,4,7.

15 Dave E 2,4,8

16 Paul Simmonds 3,4,8

17 Mark Sterne 1,4,8

18 kev 2,4,7

19 Nigel 3,4,8

20 Dean Burt 1,4,9

21 Matt 1,4,9

22 Gordon H 2,4,7

23 Charlie

24 Dan

25 Gordon M

26 Bob

27 Terry 2,4,8

Manta Ray?

38 Lee Roberts 2,4,7

39 Stewart Roberts 2,4,9

Is Manta Ray still going?

Terry.

Terry

I will try to get Menus sorted out on Saturday at the dinner with my crew [ except Dan who is in Spain]

I believe that Manta Ray is still coming , but perhaps we can ask Alan on sat as well

Getting closer now biggrin.gif

I may start to plan a bit soon ref tides etc

Charlie

I can do the plan easy for you as I'm not going! cool.gif

After several weeks of gales and rain the banks will remain untouched and brimming full of flatties... come the 8th May a big high pressure will move over the channel and remain there un-budged for 3 weeks...

....you'll leave Poole early and you have HW around mid-morning in the channel so decide to run the ebb down to the westerly wrecks where you stop for a few buckets of mackerel - full strings everytime.... you decide not to linger and run at 20 knots down to Speedy rock where you stop for a few hectic hours toping beofre in for fuel and mooring at 5pm, then beers and food.

Sat - shoale bank, mountains of plump flatties every drift, nannels, beer, food, sleep.

Sun - shoale bank, mountains of plump flatties every drift, sppedy rock, beer, food, sleep.

Monday, up, brekkie, spend a fortune with Mark at AA, then leaving under a hot morning sun head north to plunder fat cod and pollock mid channel before arriving back in the marina around 7pm, shattered but very happy!

You just know the above will happen - the only year I cant bloody come! I'll be turning my phone and PC off for this weekend! tongue.gif

Adam,

You forgot the obvious; -

1. 300lb porgy brought alongside off Speedy

2. Mainbrace has an oversupply problem with diesel and asks us all to fill up at 50p/l to help him out

the club records for turbot and brill are obviously a given, within your scenario, but both Ling and Coalfish also fall......... unsure.gif

I can do the plan easy for you as I'm not going! cool.gif

After several weeks of gales and rain the banks will remain untouched and brimming full of flatties... come the 8th May a big high pressure will move over the channel and remain there un-budged for 3 weeks...

....you'll leave Poole early and you have HW around mid-morning in the channel so decide to run the ebb down to the westerly wrecks where you stop for a few buckets of mackerel - full strings everytime.... you decide not to linger and run at 20 knots down to Speedy rock where you stop for a few hectic hours toping beofre in for fuel and mooring at 5pm, then beers and food.

Sat - shoale bank, mountains of plump flatties every drift, nannels, beer, food, sleep.

Sun - shoale bank, mountains of plump flatties every drift, sppedy rock, beer, food, sleep.

Monday, up, brekkie, spend a fortune with Mark at AA, then leaving under a hot morning sun head north to plunder fat cod and pollock mid channel before arriving back in the marina around 7pm, shattered but very happy!

You just know the above will happen - the only year I cant bloody come! I'll be turning my phone and PC off for this weekend! tongue.gif

Adam

have you hacked into my PC to see the plan??

Day one sounds very close, except the HW at Bray means fuel stop then speedy.

Slack LW in the channel about 0927 could mean an early start

[ I had better warn Dan now LOL]

HW Braye 1147 means that if you need fuel it would have to be in about 1330-1400

The Slack at the rock is about 1430.

Could be an early start and push SW to fish the slack at a wreck or wrecks 40 miles from home, and get some bait

then to Braye and/or the tope marks for mid afternoon

BRING IT ON biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

Too good to be true ???

Had a peek at Metcheck [ notoriously hopeless at this range !!] .......after yesterday giving gales and frost [!!]........now giving Northerly winds easing through next week, to leave a gentle N to take us there; light breezes for the weekend and a gentle Southerly tp bring us back !!

They must be picking up Adam's brainwaves in their forecasts !!

the next week is very unsettled - (which is better than the last couple of weeks) - but I would prefer to see a settled one of some sort than one which relies on pinpoint timing over the trip period. the latter is inherently stressfull for skippers as it can easily lead to pressured decision making.

but I guess I'm only really stating the obvious.

we should get a realistic idea of what it's likely to look like in another 3/4 days (although that could still be 'changeable!)