Alderney 2012

plaicemat

Weathers shaping up nicely :-)

Friday is looking a tad blowey though after Thurs winds.

Acting in capacity as virtual skipper as Bob is working away this week, and in Germany until Thurs morning he is looking at maybe going Sat - Tues if the current forecast holds. Failing that leaving Sat morning.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw. If anyone has accommodation, or knows of accommodation still available, then I will happily take a room. Was intending to sleep aboard but still recovering with chest infection, so might not be the best idea !

Hi All......with the current forecast, I think JV is looking to go across on Fri afternoon; hopefully with a following sea. This will give us the evening in Alderney, a decent night's kip and full days fishing Sat and Sun.

Any others thinking the same........or are we looking at Sat ??

Anyone else noticed how early morning forecasts look worse......then get better later in the day ??

Yes all except for Monday. The way the forecasts are changing around is making decision making very difficult. I will sort of make a decision tonight with the final final decision being made Thursday eve but as you say looking like leaving mid day Friday and returning early am on Monday or perhaps even Sunday eve or if the window gets much smaller who knows ph34r.gif

Martin

Alun, speak to Duncan. He had a room booked with me but he's not going now.

I'd prefer it if people spoke to me as I'm holding all the rooms and it helps me to know who is where. I'll give Paul a call.

Terry.

Terry .......

Graham has just had confirmation from Tommo that Manta Ray is NOT going now so Graham won't be either. This means obviously I dont need the room, nor the meal. I can't speak for Paul F but unless he finds another way of getting there he wont be going either.

weep.gifweep.gifweep.gif

Graham.

At the moment it doesn't look like Sweet Chariot will be making the trip either I'm sorry to say. The wind/weather just doesn't look like it'll be nice enough - it's meant to be pleasurable after all!

Any plans for an alternate date if it doesn't happen?

Oli

Hi Lads,

Have made the call to cancel, as the window to get there and back is a bit small to say the least, especially as I can't depart until AM Saturday... apologise to my crew, but they all agreed it was best solution.

Tomo weep.gifweep.gif

Looks like Freeboys. Will not be going that window that looked great is closing down all the time so unless there is a change can't see it happening. Gutted

Have we a reserve date?

Peter

Bloody Weather

Try as I might I could not forget last years trip enough to talk myself into going in the same or worse weather.

Dave and I have discussed all sorts of options but the best seems to be to postpone this weekends trip.

I feel sorry for all concerned, but do not fancy coming back in that weather again.

Sorry Terry for all your hard work mate, please cancell the diner booking and Accomadation

Can I suggest we postpone to simular tides 26th to 29th May.

Unfortunately that may not be available to all but I hope plenty can make it.

Terry when you call about the accomadtion could you ask about these dates mate.

Charlie [bloody gutted]

I may have at least one space possibly two on the next dates, please get in touch if you would like to come with Dan and I .

Dave and I may now do a wrecking trip on Sunday, I have one space if anyone fancys it, please let me know.

Bloody Weather sad.gifsad.gif

Charlie Matt and I will probably try and get on the wrecks Sat or Sunday. If you are down our way give us a shout on 6

Like you I can't quite bring myself to go through what we did last year

Peter