Flask Coffee best way?

niggle

For some reason my flask coffee tastes horrible,so I normally take hot water and make a cup of tea.I love proper coffee ie from ground beans so is it my choice of instant?Or is it the milk?

I would love to know from you flask experts if there is a special way

Thanks Nige

Definitely do not add milk at the beginning. Take it with you and add as required. Even better, take a small flask of hot milk. I have a bean to cup machine which is not practical for filling a flask. However, a percolator or large cafetiere and decant to the flask would give you decent coffee from the start.

Terry.

its the milk in the flask that spoils the taste.

Either make it black and add the milk to the cup as Madw & plaicemat said or take hot water in the flask and make the coffee in the cup.

I agree with that. I think the milk probably goes off a bit in the flask.

Or drink it black. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Brian

I often get my FPO to make my flask of coffee and it always tastes great! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If I make it, Bill says I make it too strong, so I have started to add extra milk.

Never seems to go off in my flask, but then again it does not stay there too long.

Don't use boiling water on instant coffee, allow it 30secs+ to cool otherwise it ruins the taste of the coffee.

Dave

cool.gif

I agree with all above.......... but the confines \ rock and roll of open boat means.....

more containers = more chance of spills and \or rapidly cold drink !!

I make a flask putting cool milk onto instant coffee, then adding boiling water..... this warms coffee up rather than milk cooling it down.

Good for the morning............ by later in the day all tastes pretty rank !!

fussy buggers tongue.gif i like mine how it comes as long as its wet and warm............im easy wink.gif

but what i actually have on board is a few tubes of ready made cups of nescafe coffee in those plastic cups that i just add hot water to. i also have tubes ot soup and hot chocolate to. they just stay in the lockup perminately and all i take with me is a flask of hot water.......no washing up at the end either biggrin.gif

Dan

I admit I don't fuss about, I make it in a jug, 5 heaped teaspoons coffee, 5 small teaspoons sugar, a little milk, top up with boiling water, into flask and fill with boiling water. (1 litre flask so about 5 cups).

As I like my coffee very strong, there's not much milk in it and it tastes ok.

Tony ( Serenity ) has a Wicked flask. I've added one to my Christmas wish list and I understand that Santa's already bought it and put it away. biggrin.gif

You don't remove the top to dispense water - just push a large button on top.

One flask of water = Tea, Coffe, Soup. etc. etc.

Brill.

I understand that Macro sell them.

Jim

I have a AGA on JoJo - we like to keep a kettle on the boil at all times. My sous chef Charlie A often prepares and cooks a full sunday roast whilst we are out, inbetween fighting huge bass and cod.

It is just easier that way and caters ( laugh.gif ) for all eventualities.

I had wondered why my fuel consumption was up - maybe it the the weight of the stove!

Sorry - had a reality blip,

Rob "Cold Packed Lunch" Francis

Gordon bought a pack of those cups with coffee and whitener in.

Just boil the kettle and pour in add sugar if required. then toss the cup in the bin.

They were Kenco, so tasted great.

We do not bother with flasks any more but friends bring them and we use them on the way out. I must say Aluns always tastes good.

Charlie biggrin.gif

The best Ive tasted is using 'Coffee Bags'

Ian often brings these with him, and I must say they taste as good as a freshly ground coffee - well worth hunting down. Just take boiling water, pour on, add milk - strangley so much better than instant coffee.

I have a AGA on JoJo - we like to keep a kettle on the boil at all times. My sous chef Charlie A often prepares and cooks a full sunday roast whilst we are out, inbetween fighting huge bass and cod.

It is just easier that way and caters ( laugh.gif ) for all eventualities.

I had wondered why my fuel consumption was up - maybe it the the weight of the stove!

You need a "Will" mate

not a sous chef

biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

It is just easier that way and caters (  laugh.gif  ) for all eventualities.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I did take a camping cooker and warm up tins of beanz'n'sausages once, then used the water to make tea! Not really up to Will's standard!

Re the flask- it's all to do with how much the flask is shaken after the coffee is put in it. If you put milk in the flask it will curdle if you shake it- the early signs of this is it tasting odd.