This weekend weather watch for the Cod Comp (16th)

Mal Thomas

The forecast is not looking good for the Cod Comp again this weekend, we will keep an eye on Mondays weather perhaps coming earlier. It might not be good enought to go out to sea, but it might be suitable for a flounder comp. I know you are all shouting out what about the bait, lets see what comes Thursday and Friday. The club would like to hold the Flounder comp with the Hamper but not at the cost of safety.

The only problem with having the flounder competition this weekend is that the tides are so small, they are hard enough to catch on big tides, but I Suppose someone might fluke one ( no pun intended) I would have thought the following weekend would be better, but only my personal opinion and I am not available for either. Good luck what ever day it is fished.

8 minutes ago, Reel Wizzard said:

The only problem with having the flounder competition this weekend is that the tides are so small, they are hard enough to catch on big tides, but I Suppose someone might fluke one ( no pun intended) I would have thought the following weekend would be better, but only my personal opinion and I am not available for either. Good luck what ever day it is fished.

That gives us all a chance then !!!    :grin:

My thoughts are to CANCEL the weather forecast is very iffy even for the Harbour for our smaller craft and it is due to be wet.

I think it is worth waiting for a better forecast, also there are a few regulars not able to attend.

I am away as of Tonight so one of the committee members will take over from here. Have a good Christmas everyone.

3 hours ago, Mal Thomas said:

My thoughts are to CANCEL the weather forecast is very iffy even for the Harbour for our smaller craft and it is due to be wet.

I think it is worth waiting for a better forecast, also there are a few regulars not able to attend.

I am away as of Tonight so one of the committee members will take over from here. Have a good Christmas everyone.

Having seen the forecast and extreme weather warning I an inclined to agree.!!

Tony

13 hours ago, Colin-58 said:

As a mixed farmer i have to work with the weather, as recreational fishermen we need to do the same i, e, wait for a forecast weather window to safely pursue the Cod!          Colin.

Sounds like a conflict of interest!