WANTED WARRIOR 165

joefish

Forget the Predator or Explorer, go for the real thing. Have a look on the Warrior Owners Club facebook page, there's usually one or two to look at. On other sites, be careful of cheap looking ones, they are very popular as scam targets being a very sought after boat.

Look at the on-line engine specs.

Frequently they are made in grouped sizes.

My E-Tec was a 75 HP   but physically the same as  a 90 HP ( same weight )  although a 90 is too big for a warrior 165

My current engine is a Honda 50 HP ( physically the same as a 40 HP )

If it's out of warranty - - -  can you get a smaller rated one ( but physically bigger ) chipped to give better output ?  How much £ ?

Do you want a newish one with warranty ? ?

The smaller rated versions are much cheaper.  Do you want to carry the weight of a heavier engine without the power ?

Do you want to buy the cheaper one to save £800 ish and spend some £ on getting it chipped if possible ? ? ?

I don't know but give it some thought.

Jim

My boat is 13 feet long and ½ a Warrior's weight and 4 up if 2 are at the flat end it'll struggle to get up on the plane.

Warriors like power but not weight !

They are indeed a very good boat and the Warrior aftercare is first class.

Jim

Looked at those coddy, theyre either sold or wont sell without trailer. Theres one for £89K. Whats all that about. Thanks for looking though

I saw that one, you can have mine for £10k less, only £79k. :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D

Have you looked/asked on the Facebook Warrior Owners page?

What's your budget?

There's a 175 on there:

Forsale 2012 package with mariner 100efi. Full services history 18 hours on the engine from the last service. Lawrence electronics. Need gone as got charter boat for this season. 16k Ono

If this is genuine its a steal for £10,000 ..assuming no faults with the engine

Much more practical than the warrior IMHO

http://www.boatshop24.co.uk/offshore-cruisers/finnmaster-6400-mc-21ft-diesel-130hp-2006/105766

If its not genuine Castaways Hamworthy have an advert for one in their window for around £15,500

Peteg

I asked on the Warrior Owners Facebook page and got this reply. 

This one's for sale,

post-55-0-21145900-1462282731.jpg

If you can ask him to ring me I can tell him a bit more ok 07815854955 it's Jim

There are more photos here https://www.facebook.com/groups/warriorboats/permalink/10153432065356993/?comment_id=10153432086321993&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1462282419871295

Guest Joefish

Thanks a lot for your help Brian. Unfortunately its got no seats, i need them for the grandkids, & its a bit far in Grimsby. But thanks for trying. Joe

I went to Anglesey for the Tiddler.

We made a weekend of it.  :)

It's just miles. ;)

If the price is right you can buy the extra seats.  If it's not you can wait for another to come up for sale.

Grimsby's not THAT far from Warrior's factory depending if you're a half full or half empty kinda bloke. :D

Jim

Guest Joefish

They werent extra seats Jim, it has no seats at all.Also he was trying to meet up half way. Nice idea, but i would have felt like i had to buy it, although he sounded genuine enough.

Jim is saying you can get seats from the factory. I picked up my boat from colchester and did the M25 on a nice busy evening!!!!

If its a good one, it would be a shame to miss out, if he had it new from the factory even better as they will have a record!

I expect you could ask Warrior the history of the boat too.

Maybe a long journey, but at the end of it......................new boat! doesn't get better than that! Those hours will be forgotten once you're hauling fish over the gunnels.

Clone bucket seats are also now available from a guy on the Warrior owners FB group. He's done re-upholstery for a while, good quality and quite a number of the guys very pleased. Now he is offering full seats.

Assume you aren't referring to the lack of a rear bench seat here?

Duncan

Adam is right.

If you can't find your ideal one, finding a reasonable one then "uplifting" it is another option. I've done this on my three previous boats, and while it can be cheaper initially, the cost of upgrades can quickly add up.

A brand new boat often needs loads spending on it, to make it operationally effective.

Fitting safety gear for your intended usage should be a budgeted priority, and once fitted, the "fun" toys can then follow.

Mike